Williamson County Schools - Primary focus is students. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williamson County Schools

"Primary focus is students."

Current Employee - Teacher
Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Williamson County Schools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Williamson County is dedicated to growing students academically and as people. The teachers really care about their students, and it's great to be a part of that environment. The quality of professional development is improving.

Cons

There are too many one size fits all policies. The stat-wide TEAM evaluation rubric is not teacher friendly. Some administrators are influenced too easily by parent complaints instead of by what is best for the student.

Other Employee Reviews for Williamson County Schools

1. "18 years and still going"

Current Employee - Counselor in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Counselor in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Williamson County Schools full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love what I do and the people I work with. WCS is probably the best public school district in Middle Tennessee as far as student body and administration, and one of the best in the entire state.

Cons

Any major frustrations I encounter are going to be had anywhere you teach in Tennessee. The evaluation system is a headache and there is far too much emphasis on standardized testing. Exactly how happy you are in an individual school is probably going to depend a great deal on how you feel about that particular school's administration.

Advice to Management

Do all in your power to let the teacher's teach! Shield them as much as possible from all the political hodge podge that bombards education these days.

2. "Overworked, underpaid and micromanaged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Pros

High expectations and parent support technology is fabulous generally good principal support stay in touch with current academic trends benefits are good

Cons

Low salary comparably micromanaged by superintendent

Advice to Management

Lay off and let us teach