Willis Towers Watson - A consulting firm that does not properly value its analysts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"A consulting firm that does not properly value its analysts"

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Simsbury, CT
Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Simsbury, CT

Pros

The people I worked with were nice people. You have flexibility in your life to work from home when you need to. The occasional fun office event was nice. You were recognized when you passed an exam.

Cons

Management doesn't really care about the analysts. They care if you aren't billing enough hours, but that's about it. Compensation was low compared to insurance companies in the area. They started to cut 401k matching. I was given a "promotion" in title, but my salary stayed the same and my over-time pay was taken away (this was to match Watson Wyatt's pay structure in the merger). I got fewer days to study for my exams, I had to pay for seminar fees from my own pocket. Several things just show that the leadership does not value its hardworking analysts. I'm glad I left and not surprisingly; people at all levels have followed suit.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees, my god! We bill $250 per hour and knowing that we hardly get 10% of that is a bit alarming.

Other Employee Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"Valuable learning experience."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Many opportunities to work on all types of projects. Smart people. A culture of excellence.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult. Limited number of senior female leaders.

"Good work/life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Purchasing additional vacation days at a reduced rate was a nice benefit. 90% of the employees were very friendly and helpful. Knowledgable employees. Local management good about letting staff leave early before holidays or during inclement weather.

Cons

Large global mindset with little concern for local offices. Too many decisions made at a corporate level without taking into consideration how it will effect local offices. Too much preferential treatment for "teacher's pets". (Allowing some people to work from home while not even considering letting others.) Too much drama caused by a handful of people in the office. If you get on their bad side, your career is doomed. Good, hard-working employees are laid off while letting the slackers do only what they want to do rather than what needs to be done.

Advice to Management

Stand up to corporate for your local staff. Answer questions...don't just ignore them. Address issues when quality of work is not up to standard or attitudes are negative. Don't just "let it go" because you don't want to bother with the negative or those people are doing your work. Don't let non-management staff influence your management decisions.