Willis Towers Watson - Questionable | Glassdoor

"Questionable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

The pay is great - they pay on the high end of the spectrum to attract the best talent

Cons

Very demanding environment - if you're not working a minimum of 55-60 hrs per week you are viewed as not being a "team player". Employees are often misled by management and they tend to lookout for their favorites. I witnessed situations in which ethics were pushed to the side because someone was well liked. The enviroment is very rigid and unwelcoming.

Advice to Management

Get back to ethics and doing what is right. Deceiving employees to serve your personal interests will eventually catch up with the organization as a whole.

Other Employee Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"Exploiting Employees while promoting HR standards to others"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

some talented people and a nice office

Cons

everyone feels overworked and underpaid as the company is going under more reorganization after the merger. They are cutting cost where they can and most people do the jobs of others. People are unhappy and unmotivated. They claim to be the best in the field, but their benefits package and salaries are below what you would expect from that kind of a corporation. cookie-cutter and unimaginative environment. If you want better job prospects, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

the merger has ruined the company and the management is not doing a good job keeping the people happy.

2. "A consulting firm that does not properly value its analysts"

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Simsbury, CT
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Simsbury, CT

Pros

The people I worked with were nice people. You have flexibility in your life to work from home when you need to. The occasional fun office event was nice. You were recognized when you passed an exam.

Cons

Management doesn't really care about the analysts. They care if you aren't billing enough hours, but that's about it. Compensation was low compared to insurance companies in the area. They started to cut 401k matching. I was given a "promotion" in title, but my salary stayed the same and my over-time pay was taken away (this was to match Watson Wyatt's pay structure in the merger). I got fewer days to study for my exams, I had to pay for seminar fees from my own pocket. Several things just show that the leadership does not value its hardworking analysts. I'm glad I left and not surprisingly; people at all levels have followed suit.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees, my god! We bill $250 per hour and knowing that we hardly get 10% of that is a bit alarming.