Willis Towers Watson - can't believe this company was given Forbes rating for most admired company - what??! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"can't believe this company was given Forbes rating for most admired company - what??!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are actually alright, but everything else is so bad that it doesn't matter

Cons

Unfriendly environment. No training whatsoever at the start. 'On-boarding' process is non-existent. Strangest experience I've ever had at any job in my life, no one tells you anything and you're completely on your own, no one talks to each other in the office at all, very sterile and unfriendly, I really made a mistake taking this job.

Advice to Management

train new employees a little bit, it would really help

Other Employee Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

1. "Great company with Flexibility"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the flexibility Towers Watson offers on a day to day basis. Also, due to the growth in clients we are apart of solutions that are new and innovative. There's definitely a challenge working here.

Cons

The downside is its not recognized as a "leading" consulting firm. Also, the salaries are well below industry standard.

Advice to Management

Try to stay competitive.

"There is no one word that can truly describe this company"

Former Employee - Senior Client Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Client Manager

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are none to list

Cons

26 years in the insurance business. Started out with small agency that was sold to HRH and then to Willis in 2008. Micromanagement at its very finest. Willis treated us like we were total idiots, incapable of doing our jobs without their help. Saw some of the hardest working people I have met in life - most with 25+ years of service- leave this company due to the treatment that they bestowed upon us. Had management look us in the eye and tell us they were committed to doing business in the state only to sell us out at the end of 2013 to the highest bidder. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Willis likes to tout about their values and their "cause" - They have NO values and the only cause they are committed to is how much money they can make. They lie to their employees, treat them like pieces of property that when they are done with they easily discard like trash. Can't make a decision to save their souls. Totally disorganized. Last 5 years working for them have been the hardest,longest and most depressing years of my work life.

Advice to Management

Take a good long hard look at how you treat your employees. They are not "human capital" as you so like to call us