Willis Towers Watson - A great working envirnoment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"A great working envirnoment"

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You couldn't ask for a better group of coworkers. From analyst to senior consultant, everyone is willing to help you out. Everyone is highly intelligent so it keeps you motivated to produce the best work possible.

Cons

As with consulting in general, you have sporadic work weeks. They has been an increase in the number of long work weeks. This is partly because of the office being currently under staffed.

Other Employee Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

1. "Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations."

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work with large organizations on a national scale. Offered flexibility. Nice office/work space. Mostly great people there to work with and for.

Cons

Boss in another practice and city… made it very hard during reviews (would have to rely solely on what someone said and had several times where it was not accurate, but my voice was not taken into account due to the seniority of the person talking). Also competitive.

Advice to Management

Look at associates as people, not numbers… I won an international award as part of a team there the year several years. My name was announced as part of the awarded team just a couple weeks after let go… colleagues told me about that announcement and the irony...and we had a good laugh. I found the process of being laid off very stiff, especially for my hard work over the years (working many nights until the middle of the night to keep clients happy, etc.). No regard for personal situations that a person is in at the time of RIF.

"Takes a while for the honey-moon phase to pass, yet when it does, the dysfunction becomes crystal clear."

Former Employee - HCP
    Former Employee - HCP

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some employees that are dedicated, and they form the back-bone of the company. Good internal coursework.

Cons

Hiring for teams takes far too long - staffing issues do not become a priority until a deadline has passed. Branch management had an "open-door" policy, but only in theory. Still a good-ol'-boy company. Nothing is done to keep 'negative' employees under control.

Advice to Management

Make decisions more quickly, especially when it comes to hiring to bolster busy teams. Pay more attention to the employees, don't run so lean that it burns out committed employees. Be more open to embracing a work-life balance (i.e. telecommuting).