Willis Towers Watson - Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"Very competitive atmosphere with a structure that is hierarchal - to their detriment with employee relations."

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work with large organizations on a national scale. Offered flexibility. Nice office/work space. Mostly great people there to work with and for.

Cons

Boss in another practice and city… made it very hard during reviews (would have to rely solely on what someone said and had several times where it was not accurate, but my voice was not taken into account due to the seniority of the person talking). Also competitive.

Advice to Management

Look at associates as people, not numbers… I won an international award as part of a team there the year several years. My name was announced as part of the awarded team just a couple weeks after let go… colleagues told me about that announcement and the irony...and we had a good laugh. I found the process of being laid off very stiff, especially for my hard work over the years (working many nights until the middle of the night to keep clients happy, etc.). No regard for personal situations that a person is in at the time of RIF.

Other Employee Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

"Takes a while for the honey-moon phase to pass, yet when it does, the dysfunction becomes crystal clear."

Former Employee - HCP
    Former Employee - HCP

I worked at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some employees that are dedicated, and they form the back-bone of the company. Good internal coursework.

Cons

Hiring for teams takes far too long - staffing issues do not become a priority until a deadline has passed. Branch management had an "open-door" policy, but only in theory. Still a good-ol'-boy company. Nothing is done to keep 'negative' employees under control.

Advice to Management

Make decisions more quickly, especially when it comes to hiring to bolster busy teams. Pay more attention to the employees, don't run so lean that it burns out committed employees. Be more open to embracing a work-life balance (i.e. telecommuting).

2. "TW"

I have been working at Willis Towers Watson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities with the opportunity to work on challenging client projects. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Lack of integration of the different practices.