WillowTree - Great place to learn and grow - full of smart and nice people | Glassdoor

"Great place to learn and grow - full of smart and nice people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at WillowTree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so nice and supportive -- and smart. You're given a lot of autonomy and are allowed to do as you please. Also, cool client projects, and an exciting future for the company!

Cons

Too many snacks in the workplace, easy to gain weight. Just kidding, I love WillowTree.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Focus on the people, and the rest will come.

WillowTree2018-10-23
  1. "Unbelievable Place To Work"

Current Employee - Platform Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at WillowTree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The leadership CARES about each individual and this is proven time and time again. - Free snacks in the office. - Coworkers are seen as friends/family and not just people we have to get through 8 hours a day with. - Everyone is super smart and talented AND quick to help others learn. - Underrepresented groups are free to create/participate in discussions with those in the same group about how WillowTree could... better take care of them. Feedback taken to leadership is actually listened to and acted upon. - We always suggest the right way vs the easy way and work to help our clients see the benefits of doing so. - Anyone can raise a concern and is listened to. - No devices in meetings. Also, if your presence won't bring anything to a meeting, you are free to skip it. - Everyone is encouraged to spend at least 4 hours (most people do this in the afternoon) to go heads down and ignore Slack. Everyone else respects this time. - It's made very clear that >40 hour weeks should be the exception and not the norm (though those who WANT to work more are always free to do so). If/when crunchtime does hit, the team is super supportive. - This list goes on and on...

Cons

- I'd love a little more PTO.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. Keep focusing on what makes WillowTree the best place to work in the Triangle: the people and the amazing, loving culture that you've built.

WillowTree2019-10-14

"Great teammates. Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at WillowTree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with some of the brightest minds, while also being really nice people. You come in every day with a sense of belonging and pride working for willow tree.

Cons

Continuous growing pains of rapid growth, but the management continues to do a great job with this.

Advice to Management

Continue to make diversity and inclusion an important factor in our decisions going forwards, especially with the reorg and new branches.

WillowTree2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about WillowTree.