WillowTree - A great place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at WillowTree full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very healthy workplace environment with people truly passionate about the work that they do. The management really does care about each individual employee and does the everything within reason to make sure everyone is happy.

Cons

Although the work life balance is fantastic, the nature of doing client work can lead to some occasional days with long or weird hours.

WillowTree2019-10-11
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at WillowTree

Pros

Flat management structure avoids red tape. Wonderful office spaces and great coworkers.

Cons

Open office plan isn't for everyone.

WillowTree2019-12-01

"Solid Agency"

Current Employee - Principal Product Designer in Durham, NC

I have been working at WillowTree full-time

Pros

- I'm impressed by the leadership team. They communicate clearly. They're transparent. They give shoutouts to those who deserve it. They're willing to admit when they're wrong, and adapt accordingly. They're inspiring. And here's maybe what is most important to me: they are clear that everything they do has a business goal. Even if something they do is deeply human, they don't try and trick you into the dangerous trap of thinking a company is a family. It's a team with a shared purpose — building products people love. - I'm impressed by the people. Folks here are nice human beings, but they also seem to care a lot about pushing themselves in their work. I like this, because my goal in working for a great company is not to make friends (that's what my personal life is for). I'm here to accomplish great things that I could't do on my own. I believe that's possible here. - I'm impressed with the workspace. Normally I qualify office accoutrements as the "sprinkles," but in many cases here it's the "ice cream." What I mean is that the office in Durham supports different work styles, and it's not just trying to be fancy. Open offices aren't great for me, but luckily there are many different places I can get my work done in the office. We have a library that is divine for an introvert who likes quiet, enjoys plants and plenty of sunlight, and appreciates quality interior design. The Charlottesville team has an incredible new office space in the works!

Cons

- It may seem strange to say this, but I think WillowTree has TOO many learning opportunities. There are so many people here hungry to educate, that I often feel like I can't absorb it all. However, this is ultimately a great challenge, and I think they're actively working towards solving this problem. - In a similar vein, it might benefit the team for WillowTree to set the tone early on that saying "no" is OK. Folks are so enthusiastic to jump in that sometimes I think they can bite off too much. - Tech in conference rooms could be more intuitive. I know this seems petty, but with remote calls with clients being so vital, A/V needs to be effortless.

Continue reading
    WillowTree2019-10-22

Discover more reviews about WillowTree.