Windermere Real Estate - Pleasant | Glassdoor

"Pleasant"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Office Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Windermere Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Handle back office work, some marketing involved,

Cons

none at this time all is going very well

Other Employee Reviews for Windermere Real Estate

"Real Estate Broker"

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Windermere Real Estate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I was recruited to Windermere they had a great reputation and over 40% of the real estate market in the Seattle Metropolitan Area. I was in one of the top producing offices; with excellent support staff and resources. At least half a dozen 1MM+ earners that were willing to mentor those of us that were newer to the industry (I was just under 10yrs myself).

Cons

The recession hit and all of Windermere's advantages disappeared - yet the high office costs/splits remained. The support staff was replaced by less competent individuals; aside from the walk-in customers during the boom days - there had been no lead generation programs implemented or even discussed. It was a challenge getting anyone on board with social media marketing or expanding web presence. Relying on a faded name and resting on laurels long gone by have placed Windermere on the edge of obscurity as the real estate industry has shifted away from B&M and a multitude of boutique and web based real estate firms are eating away at Windermere's market share.

Advice to Management

Please be open to innovation; don't stifle brokers that are willing to venture into the next medium ahead of the curve; if support services decline so should the fees Windermere is charging.

"Huge Desk Fee, with no support!"

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Windermere Real Estate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great brand name. They have a great wealth of history in Washington State. Hanging a Windermere sign on their home for sale is a source of pride for some people.

Cons

They haven't adapted to the changing habits of consumers. They offer classes and classes but no support in finding business. The only way to get business through the company is floor time. Great idea if it were 1998.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Times have changed. Develop a business model this side of the 21st century!