Windstream - Go Windstream | Glassdoor

"Go Windstream"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Concord, NC
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Concord, NC

Pros

-Flexible work life balance
-Great benefits for new employees
-They do what they say

Cons

Didn't stay long to know the downsides but I could say these
Lack of communication

Advice to Management

Treat employees as your assets. Lack or no communication is bad for any credible relationship and that is true for employee and employer. Employees shouldn't find things about the company from outside sources. I would rather have it from the management STRAIGHT.

Other Employee Reviews for Windstream

1. "IT jobs move offshore."

Current Employee - Senior Client Server Developer in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Client Server Developer in Twinsburg, OH

Pros

Salary and compensation packages are competitive for this market.

Cons

The company has taken an aggresive stance on IT outsourcing. Many colleagues have been replaced with offshore resources. Existing jobs all seem to be in fear of being replaced with offshore resources. Working with these offshore resources is definetly a challenge. The language barrier and time differences are major hurdles. Also, the quality of work is sub par in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I would suggest migrating away from offshore resources. Also, Senior Management harps on driving down costs and expenses. Employee bonuses have ceased but Senior Management bonus and compensation has increased. This kills morale and management credibility.

2. "Thinking wireline-think Windstream"

Current Employee - Wireline Trainer II in Cornelia, GA
    Current Employee - Wireline Trainer II in Cornelia, GA

Pros

In the wireline industry, there is no better company to work for. Our financials are strong, our leadership is driven and out goals are constantly being obtained. Windstream is certainly rewarding and fair. A degree was important, but the lack of education never held me back from advancement.

Cons

It is located in rural markets, and the corporate office is in Little Rock Ar.

Advice to Management

Keep on taking this company to the next level. Assure your employees that you are in it for the long-haul, not just a sell-off.