Windstream - The absolute most miserable job I had ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

"The absolute most miserable job I had ever had!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Windstream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is excellent. Pay is good.

Cons

Micromanaging. High end telemarketing - never worked in a sales environment like this before. Mgmt did not care if co-workers stole accounts you were working on. Extreme backstabbing

Other Employee Reviews for Windstream

"A Company That Forces You to be a Number, Not a Name"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people can be pretty awesome to work with, as long as you are staying inside your own environment, sales with sales, ops with ops, etc.

Cons

This is a company that has reduced its employees to a number. They have eliminated the PAETEC customer service and replaced it with a take the money and run mentality. Even worse, is they now having network people running the equipment side of the house and it shows nothing but ineptness. Windstream has fired most of the PAETEC operational talent and replaced it with people who have zero business to business experience. They refuse to invest here in the West on infrastructure or additional capacity, therefore Windstream pricing is outrageous compared with the big 3 carriers. For a Fortune 1000 firm, the benefits are the worse I have ever seen. The Agent community continues to ruin this organization as well as they can stomp all over direct sales territory without repercussion.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like rookie sales people. Stop monitoring your employees daily workflow by call counting their telephone calls. Stop forcing your senior account execs to performing telemarketing tasks on a regular basis. It is all about quality and not quantity. There are too many layers to management and all the managers are afraid of making any moves to improve operations. Get back to basic customer service and customer retention techniques.

2. "Wish they could get their shiz together, but its not looking good"

Current Employee - NA III in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - NA III in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

paycheck, all that keeps me here.
    Nationwide so easy to transfer offices, not sure how long thats gonna last.

Cons

Knew when i was giving an employee # it was all down hill from there and I was right.
    No room for advancement unless you know someone.
    Upper managment is lost, lower managment is scared to make changes if they still have their jobs after the last round of layoffs.
    Pro-active network managment is unheard of, wait till its down then fix it is the new norm, network is falling to pieces.

Advice to Management

Pull up, pull up were gonna crash and burn!! LISTEN to your employees, they know what is going on and how best to fix it even if it dosent fit your busness model, and trying to run a dept at half staff isnt going to make anything better, spend some of that $ we are making ya.