Windstream - Has redefined its business with strategic acquisitions but working to improve the execution of its vision | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

"Has redefined its business with strategic acquisitions but working to improve the execution of its vision"

Current Employee - Manager in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

competes well in market place compared to industry peers on price and product offerings.
Has proven willing to change management and is desperately trying to improve quality issues
Working to redefine its corporate culture. Technology company run by accountants so very focused on balance sheet

Cons

Fragmented organizational structure with lots of silos
Has suffered some quality issues from growing by acquisition very quickly
Technology company tun by accountants so very focused on balance sheet, cuts both ways

Advice to Management

Listen to input from front-line employees and create a leadership program

Other Employee Reviews for Windstream

"Solid Company, Management Overpromises and Underdelivers"

I have been working at Windstream full-time

Pros

Good Compensation, Flexibility, and job opportunities across the nation for advancement.

Cons

For a communications company the communication between departments isn't good. Management promises the world and rarely delivers.

Advice to Management

Be honest and do what you say, don't just keep having meetings promising the world every 3 months.

"The stress and instability just aren't worth it."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are nice and just as miserable as myself. We have a close bond because of the sad, ridiculous things we all go through here.

Cons

Unobtainable quota. Trickle down micro-management (from Senior level). A constant decrease in commissionable products / services. A constant increase in workload because of job / budget cuts. A constant decrease in ancillary reimbursements (no more cell phones, gas reimbursement now maxed at certain amount, company travel / expenses now must be pre-approved and rarely are, etc). Back office support now non-existent (eliminated office / sales coordinators & secretaries). The list goes on and on. As a very succsesful sales professional, this is by far the hardest company I've ever worked for to be successful.

Advice to Management

Senior management / C Level: Please cut the dividend. It's very obvious to everyone on the ground level that we're paying the price to maintain our dividend. Cutting our commissions, eliminating bonuses, support jobs and sales tools only drives away good sales talent. We all know that management is cutting corners everywhere they can to maintain free cash flow but at some point we need to realize that it's hurting the company from an operational standpoint. Our customer service is now horrible, our good sales people have left for more lucrative opportunities, our local sales management are now nothing more than sacrifical lambs because of unrealistic quotas. It's time to save face, cut the dividend to free up cash flow and reinvest it in our people and network. Stop putting everyone through hell just to pay a buck every year on the stock. Start making working here fun again.