Winston Retail - APPEALING | Glassdoor

"APPEALING"

Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Newark, DE

I have been working at Winston Retail part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love how I can make my own schedule. I am the only MC in my area, so I get all of the available hours. This is a wonderful company to work for if you love to travel. I have been sent all over the county on my works dime. I always get positive feedback on all of my reports and the staff is very friendly. I get paid on time and never have a problem submitting invoices. I do believe the people that had a problem with lack of direction are just not experienced enough in this field. The staff are on hand whenever I need them. I have never encountered a problem that could not be solved within 24 hours. If you are outgoing and love the fashion industry, this is a wonderful company.

Cons

I do not have any CONS about my position. You need to be a leader and have experience in this field in order to be successful. If you are not one of these people than this is not the job for you!

Advice to Management

I think management has everything under control!

Other Employee Reviews for Winston Retail

1. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Winston Retail part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to make your own schedule and work with many different brands. This is great for your resume to be able to say you've done a lot of different things. Management is always available to help and are very friendly.

Cons

You have to be responsible for yourself and manage yourself at times. All of the other reviews looked at this as a bad thing but in my opinion as a FREELANCE merchandiser that is part of the job. You work independently. As long as you do your work, communicate and are efficient there is no problem.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to management. No complaints here!

"Can be a positive and negative opportunity..."

Current Contractor - Merchandise Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Merchandise Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Winston Retail as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can create your own schedule, work with some great brands, and learn a lot about the industry. The company has high standards regarding pay on time. You are always paid on time. With regards to the comment below about being paid late, most people with work experience have used direct deposit and are aware it takes a few weeks to kick in. This is not something new.

Cons

The great brands you work with sign contracts that they will not employee you in the future. However they do not inform you of this. You are not an employee of Winston and this could be a legal problem for them in the future. Additionally, I learned from a fellow MC that Winston will not verify you have worked with them on your future job applications.
    There are two levels of pay for projects. The work required for the two levels is almost equal. The lower pay rate is below industry average.
    Sadly as of recent some of the comments below are true and helpful.

Advice to Management

Stop making the FTMs do all the work.
    Gather and make better use of feedback from out in the field.
    Stop with the contest that never have winners. Either they don't really exist, or there is extremely, extremely poor execution. It doesn't go unnoticed.