Employee Review

Former Employee

None

Apr 11, 2021 - Principal Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work and grow

Cons

None to quote specifically here

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good opportunities

Apr 13, 2021 - Technical Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities for all employees

Cons

Low Salaries and no hikes.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not as good as it seemed

May 23, 2021 - Project Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits were pretty good, that's about it.

Cons

Not the job I thought it was going to be. I originally applied for a Software Engineer role with Wipro, but after the first month into it I was working an IT position. Training was nonexistent, I trained myself and had to learn on the job, which would have been fine if management didn't treat every issue as a high/urgent priority. The hours were terrible, basically I needed to be available anytime day or night. Which meant I had to pay for hotspot and bring my laptop with me in order to go out and enjoy my weekend or weeknights. Even taking PTO was a pain because I had to ensure people could cover for me or it was denied, this was after I told management about planned vacation months in advanced. My team relied on me the entire time working there, and management didn't even give appreciation for all the hard work and long hours. Anytime I had questions, managers would refuse to help and not answer emails, or get angry that I didn't know the answer to my own question. My team would end up asking me questions that I didn't know because they refused to talk to managers because fear of getting reprimanded. The mandatory (and non position relevant) online training was very time consuming and every year you needed to have a certain amount of hours and tests completed, like I was back at school. I never had the time to do the training because I was constantly working.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Wipro.