Wired Talent - Great job for starting out in the gaming industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wired Talent

"Great job for starting out in the gaming industry"

Pros

Gets your feet wet on how game companies work internally

Cons

Hours can sometimes not be that great

Other Employee Reviews for Wired Talent

1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Wired Talent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Data entry experience, customer service training.

Cons

Very few of us did our job, the slackers just damaged equipment, ate the pizza that others paid for at the pizza party without contributing ect.

"Overworked, Poorly Paid, Stressful and Hostile Environment."

Former Contractor - Game QA in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Game QA in San Diego, CA

I worked at Wired Talent as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Helps you work with a relaxed entertainment industry.

Cons

- Minimal employees hired so the work load you do is often of two or three employees.
    - Often issues with WT's online time clock system "Kronos" which will cause clocking in issues.
    - Lack of communication within the department. Supervisors and managers often do not have one on ones monthly to discuss employee performance. Often these occur once a year and are often do not take advantage of discussing employee performance or improvement. Several employees from the department were told they were doing fine, then fired the next week.
    - Hard to get a hold of your Wired Talent rep via email or phone, do not expect a reply right away or until you physically go talk to them.
    - There is no real mode to whistle blow or make complaints as a WT employee if you are in a hostile or threatening environment. This is very important. As a contract employee, Sony HR will listen to us and tell us if they think we have a case, but they cannot represent us, only WT can.
    - Little to no support for disabilities or carpal tunnel preventative measures.
    - Poor firing or laying off procedures. Employees are often fired by email with no explanation or laid off without notice. Employees then come to work and are sent back home.
    - You are a contract "green badge", these badge holders do not share the same rights as "white" regular SOE employees, "blue" (contract), or "orange" (interns). Company emails will be sent out announcing bring your dog to work day, or a company party or an event for all to join. A second email always follows for the green badge employees letting you know that you are not allowed to participate in dog day or an event or allowed to consume any alcohol at any company event, etc. It can be really disheartening.

Advice to Management

Better communication within the department, more scheduled one on ones with constructive criticism instead of passive aggressiveness, although it is a relaxed job/industry there should be a more professional attitude also an anonymous complaint hotline should be provided for the WT employee.