Wireless Advocates - Working in HQ is a blast! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Advocates

"Working in HQ is a blast!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time

Pros

Very good wage compared to local and national average and it's a fun working environment.

Cons

They run a very lean company, so management doesn't just manage and delegate, they have to work like the workers and leaves them little time to support us. They work managers hard. Also software is very outdated.

Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Advocates

"Great Company, needs some tweaking"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and home life balance. I have never worked for a retail company that offered so much. As a manager, I work 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, and in the past 2 1/2 months have made more than 6 months as a manager at another retailer.
    On hand inventory, While we dont have the best selection, we are almost never out of stock, the company has items shipped in daily for us whenever we start running low.
    Benifits, We have great benifits, after working for a fortune 500 company, my benifits are far better than they were.

Cons

Trainings are a bit weak. The focus is on selling, which is great, but very little focus on the operational side of things, causing a lot of errors when you first start. The Corporate office is extreemly helpful in getting things fixed, and teaching the proper way to do things.
    Dis-organized intra-net. As most companies, we have our own intranet, but it's highly disorganized, resulting in clicking link after link to get to one form, even when that form is the name of the original link. Someone needs to go through, and streamline things, especially a SOM section that doesn't link back to other Operational tasks

Advice to Management

Clean up the website, and offer some more management training on opeations, as we have a considerably different way of doing our paperwork as anyone else, sending another manager to help for 2 days doesn't help when the training manager just sells phones.

"Run far, far, far away"

Former Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in Grafton, WI
    Former Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in Grafton, WI

I worked at Wireless Advocates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ummmmm, sometimes you're paycheck is correct

Cons

Kisok and district managers are not properly trained. They do not have the necessary morale boasters needed for this slow company. Corpoarate only cares about numbers, and sets unrealistc goals for each month. Phones available are not the latest and greatest at all times, and takes weeks to get the new ones, and customers have already bought them by that time. My manager set the schedule so she was always happy, and everyone had to work around her. She didn't know how to lead, nor train new employees. HIGH turnover rate!! Pay is miserable and if you are an hourly employee you do not receive a raise...EVER!

Advice to Management

Wake up and get with it. TRAIN your leaders or get some that can actually do their job. It is 2013, $8.00 does not cut it, especially when you put goals up that no one can reach so they don't get good commission or bonuses