Wireless Generation, Inc. - Solid, but waning dev shop | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Generation, Inc.

"Solid, but waning dev shop"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Wireless Generation, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a solid developer community at Wireless. Enjoy the feel-good nature of building the next generation of educational software.

Cons

The NewsCorp acquisition is diminishing company values and culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Generation, Inc.

"Great company if you don't work in HR"

Former Contractor - Human Resources/Recruiting in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Contractor - Human Resources/Recruiting in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Wireless Generation, Inc. as a contractor

Pros

A company with a great mission to promote better K-12 education in the US. You get to work with talented and intelligent people (for the most part) who truly care. Good neighborhood. Overall the atmosphere in the office is friendly and cordial - of course there are the terrible people too.

Cons

HR is a mess, it continues to bleed recruiters and no one in upper management (not HR upper management - upper, upper management) seems to notice/care about the situation. It's a difficult work environment for HR employees and most HR people quit without even having a new job lined up. People have been promoted to the point of being incompetent (and horrific to deal with). Tons of redundancies that waste time from being productive - we are forced to report on the same metrics over and over again on an ongoing basis. HR is held to a different standard than the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Look closely at what's going on in HR - without (non-miserable) recruiters you can't grow the company.

"My work at Wireless Generation, helping to better education system is important and fullfilling."

Current Employee - Designer in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Being part of a company that cares and put everything they've got to better education in this country is a great experience.

After a long day, or a long week of work, I can look back and think of teachers I helped to be better teachers, and the students they have prepared for life, it is rewarding.

Working with a group of smart, dedicated, and passionate people at this company continues to inspire me to learn and be on top of my game.

Cons

There are few challenges here and there, but mostly growing pains.