Wisconsin Events - The most positive, engaging, & beneficial workplace! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wisconsin Events

"The most positive, engaging, & beneficial workplace!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meetings: Educational, Positive, and Focused. A workplace that has Growth Opportunities. Very Team-Oriented, Results Driven, and Beneficial. Great place for college graduates to start their career and excel fast!

Cons

Not many downsides, however since there is so much teaching and training with each person sometimes not everything is done 100% correctly but mistakes need to happen in order to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

The management team does an exceptional job with explaining why and how we do everything from an entry level stand point all the way to a management level and the advice keeps coming. Everyone in this company is here to help!

Wisconsin Events Response

Jun 11, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for positive feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time with our company and seeing the results you desired!

Other Employee Reviews for Wisconsin Events

"I was looking for a GROWING company"

Pros

The people is what makes this a great company to work with. I have been with many companies in the past that looked at me as $$$ or just another number. For the first time someone took the time to teach me and show me my true potential. I was looking for something that added value to my life, stability and a place where I could create a career. It's been more than I could've imagined and am forever grateful.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be self managed, humble and willing to help other people.

Advice to Management

I am very thankful for all the support and encouragement.

"Deceitful Company"

I worked at Wisconsin Events part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was fun to be out in the public vs. sitting at a desk job, and I liked setting up the table and running it myself. The morning meetings were informational (however I don't understand the point of business/marketing lessons when it's a job, not a class) and practicing sales pitches was pretty fun. Putting yourself out there while doing direct sales at the store is helpful in getting out of your comfort zone.

Cons

You stand at a booth at Sam's Club to sell products, that's essentially all it is. And you practice your sales pitches while in the office. But it was super weird - they would make you come in the morning for an hour long meeting even if they didn't schedule you at Sam's Club during the day, so I spent more on gas to get there for that hour on those days. And anyone who said anything about that would be told that they must not be motivated enough. I'm not a fan of any company that makes you drive all the way to work for one hour.

The manager would give us "lessons" about how much she spends on running the business like the building lease, etc and then end up with over 100,000 and say that was what she made, as a way to motivate and keep people there because "one day" you could get to that point. Not sure if that number was a lie or not, but it really did not seem to add up.

When I talked to the manager about how I can't live on what I was making there (little to no base pay so i think I usually only made about $7/hour) she tried to convince me that one day I could make a lot there if I keep working at my sales. They try to make it seem like you can succeed at the company when in reality it just seemed fishy.

Advice to recent grads - hold out for a job that is worthy of your talents. You don't need to start at a place like this, you can find a real job - one that will respect you as a person and as an employee.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees. If you act more like a real, respectable company and treat employees as such you probably would not have so much turnover.