Wolters Kluwer - Work work work and more work-no work life balance at all | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

"Work work work and more work-no work life balance at all"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and wonderful people who really try to help you navigate the huge disorganized mess that is CT Corporation.

Cons

I have no doubt the founding fathers never thought it was going to get this big and bureaucratic. % steps forward and 10 steps back as you navigate through the mess of outdated systems and rules within rules for rules. Also the culture of Ct is massive micro-management. That;'s the only way managers can keep their jobs. 50-70 hour work weeks not uncommon so if you have a family life say goodbye to it.

Advice to Management

STOP micromanaging and start learning about how to motivate your workers and trust them.

Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer

1. "We're open to change, but this is ridiculous....no leadership without Kevin Robert"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PTO and company holidays; can work from home.

Cons

New management team from WK Health that are now leading TAA.

Advice to Management

We are not Wolters Kluwer Health. We are Tax and Accounting. Recommend new senior management and new middle management learn about tax and accounting before making decisions. Also, we don't need BBQ lunches or Flash cards. We would like to be treated with respect and valued. There is no need to be condescending or rude. The executive women need to be educated on how to treat employees. Raises across the board were very disappointing and handled poorly by upper management.

"Run, Run, Run away."

Former Employee - 15 Years In Sales Related Capacities in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - 15 Years In Sales Related Capacities in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They used to be a great company but that is all over now. They have a great portfolio of products but they have no capacity to innovate.

Cons

Another example of a company that was once awesome and corporate greed destroyed it. They have always had a model of buy vs. innovate . Unfortunately the jig is over. They say they care about their customers but really they only care about milking them for every dime they can get. Same holds true with the employees. Another wall street greed casualty.

Advice to Management

Intimidation and Fear is not a talent. Yes you can milk your customer out of 10% more next year but in the long run you are only killing the very thing that made you great.