Wolters Kluwer - Good pay and benefits; massive bureaucracy, no room to advance in my division" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

"Good pay and benefits; massive bureaucracy, no room to advance in my division""

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, generous PTO policy.

Cons

I worked for a US company that was absorbed by WK, and it had the classic American company issues--petty middle management, no real advancement opportunities, and lousy office politics.

Advice to Management

Hard to advise upper management when there was none present. I think WK in general is probably a good company. The division of my subsidiary was just not right for me for the long haul. I'd work for WK again.

Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer

"Current CCH Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pleasant coworkers: makes the work day brighter and helpful people make the job easier

Cons

Current database in use is far from user friendly for our type of work. People struggle to keep up with the workload. Working on one's own time is not uncommon nor noticed. Not all jobs are ideal, but they shouldn't case tears and headaches. Invest in Advil, Miller, and Edy's as their sales have definitely increased.

"Work, Work, Work--No work-life balance at all"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program, supportive staff, educationally driven.

Cons

As an account manager in outside sales, you are hired to sell but inundated with massive amounts of minutia and email. Some emails can be answered or addressed quickly others however take you hours to complete. Multiply that by dozens of emails a day, and it's no wonder you can easily work 12-15 hour days just managing the paperwork. It's exhausting and endless. The down-side is management thinks there is nothing wrong with bombarding the account managers with daily doses of admin, reports for reports and more reports to report on those reports! It's like being in a hamster tread-mill of paperwork. Management however still demands that you make your quota and get into the field to see clients regardless of the hours spent behind your PC.

Advice to Management

Help us make more sales by removing the mundane paperwork, non-stop reporting of account activity which is really something a sales admin department should be doing and please, please consolidate and update your PC systems so we can all be more efficient at our jobs.