KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Freelancer

Don't ask questions at AskWonder

Oct 1, 2015 - Anonymous Freelancer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This seems like a really cool company. The job that I had was to research answers for questions and it was super fun - I really like research. There are also a decent number of questions and they are reasonably priced actually - I think it would be possible to turn it into a decent part time job, once you got good at it.

Cons

There was a little training website thing with documents. Which I read almost completely before even starting. I really wanted to do well. The first couple questions went well. They were both reviewer approved, and I believe client approved - I even got a positive client rating for one. When I ran into a question that I answered wrong, the reviewers rejected it (there were 2, but they were kind of the same and I did them at the same time). So the answers were rejected by a reviewer. The email that I got was borderline sarcastic and immediately, in the very first email, threatened my job. I asked for some specific tips to do better next time so that I could learn - and they FIRED ME. For asking a question. Which they say to do all over their website... I got fired form a question website for asking a question... It's kind of funny and ironic... Oh well. I'm mainly writing this to let any prospective employees know that if you get questions rejected - if you want to keep your job, DO NOT ask for more information about how to do better because they will tell you that you require too much training and that they were wrong about the potential they saw in you... it's quite a cutting termination email, actually. In short - they are rude and they do not like questions. Worker beware.

Continue reading
    61 people found this review helpful

Wonder Research Response

Head of Community

I'm sorry for the late response to your review, but appreciate your feedback on your experience with us awhile back.We're all about expanding curiosity and asking questions at Wonder, and I can confirm no one has been removed from our platform simply for commenting or asking about our policies. We rely a lot on analyst questions and feedback to improve our community's experiences, so questions and comments are always welcome.I%E2%80%99m sorry to hear that you found the review feedback on our platform unhelpful. Since you last worked with us, we've made several updates to how we give and ensure the quality of job feedback to ensure it's valuable and consistently focused on imparting learnings.Our platform has also changed quite a bit since your time with us in 2015, and given the negative experience you had, I%E2%80%99d like to ensure all of your concerns are answered. If you'd ever have additional feedback, or would be interested in giving working on Wonder another shot, feel free to reach out to our team at research@askwonder.com.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work.

Aug 29, 2022 - CPR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusivity, listening to ideas,balance, pay, PTO,

Cons

Commute can be a challenge, young team, not sure scalable.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Good Pay. Diverse Community.

Jul 20, 2022 - Research Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's room for growth. The platform is diverse. You can grow to any height, regardless of your race or country of origin.

Cons

Rapid changes. However, this is understandable, since businesses often need to adjust quicky in order to survive.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Wonder Research.

Wonder Research Photos

+ Add Photo
Wonder Research photo of: Q4 2021 NYC Team Retreat!
Wonder Research photo of: We love the library!!!!! Q4 2021 Team Retreat
Wonder Research photo of: A portion of the Wonder team hiking in the Hollywood Hills - Q3 2021 Team Retreat
Wonder Research photo of: Bannerman's Castle on Pollepel Island, Q4 2021Team Retreat!
Wonder Research photo of: Team Dinner in the East Village, Q4 2021 NYC Retreat
Wonder Research photo of: Get ready for a pizza party! Q4 2021 NYC Team Retreat
Wonder Research photo of: A smaller Wonder crew, on a hike in California! Q3 2021 Team Retreat

Wonder Research Job Seekers Also Viewed