Wood Consulting - Make sure you get it in writing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wood Consulting

"Make sure you get it in writing"

Pros

Love the work that I do
Love all of my co-workers
Good benefits and salary if they actually give it to you

Cons

Make sure you get everything that they promise in writing or else you're not getting it at all. When I interviewed, I was told that I'd be temporary for 90 days, then there would be a review and they'd keep me on as full time or get rid of me. With full time status came benefits and a higher salary. When it came time for the 90 day review there was suddenly a "misunderstanding" and they had no intention of making any of the temporary employees full time. This was news to all of us.

GET IT IN WRITING

Advice to Management

Make good on your verbal promises and you won't have so much turn over

Other Employee Reviews for Wood Consulting

"WOOD Employment Review"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist- Strategic Accounts in Fulton, MD

Pros

WOOD is an excellent company overall. I have never felt so appreciated by a company.
    - Great compensation
    -Great Work/Life balance
    -Company cruise is comped for all employees for the company this year and in past years.
    - Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
    -Excellent healthcare benefits.
    -A lot of room for growth.
    -The company is a prime on a major contract in the Intel Community

Cons

The commute is a little far for me to the HQ office but it is well worth the drive.

"Not Worth Your Time, Talent, or Value as an Asset to a Company"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at Wood Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros:
    *You're employed and can pay your bills.
    *The education and training benefit has a value higher than typical to the DC market.

Cons

*Has paid workers less than they were supposed to by law and/or contractual agreement with a client, which led to a thorough investigation and ended with backpay for affected parties.
    *Hostile work environment
    *General sense of work-site management not trusting workers and workers not trusting work-site management and/or HQ/Executive leadership
    *Work-site management treats workers as though they are dispensible.
    *Favoritism runs rampant (and is not tied to quality/quantity of work products)
    *Work-site managers give conflicting direction to workers, which can vary day to day and have domino effects such as giving client impression that workers are unorganized/incompetent
    *HR doesn’t take action on issues that are reported.
    *Executive leadership doesn’t take action on issues that are reported.
    *HQ/Executive leadership is very disconnected from what happens at non-HQ work locations.
    *HQ/Executive leadership rarely, if at all, engages employees working at non-HQ work locations to gauge employee morale and job satisfaction
    *Very little room for career growth.

Advice to Management

Do more to show employees that you value them as assets to the company by paying them comparable to the DC job market for their skills and abilities and showing them that their voices matter so that they know they can trust you and aren’t just another body helping to pay overhead costs.
    Regularly engage employees at work-site locations to gauge their morale and job satisfaction, and take action when the results are not in your favor.
    Create and maintain a truly open door policy by reaching out to employees to see if there any problems, issues, or concerns that they have that you can help them resolve and if they do, then actually DO something to help them find a resolution.
    Open communication with your HR personnel to find out what issues have arisen at work-site locations each month and track those issues to resolution.