Woodforest National Bank - I have learned many aspects of banking while at wood forest. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Woodforest National Bank

"I have learned many aspects of banking while at wood forest."

Current Employee - Retail Banker in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Retail Banker in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, fast growth, flexible hours

Cons

Long shifts, low end starting pay

Other Employee Reviews for Woodforest National Bank

1. "Assistant branch manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support, family oriented, friendly, convenience

Cons

There are some unknown things

"Terrible Bank to Work For, Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Teller in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire you the same day you interview with them... but it's not a wise choice, think twice!

Cons

As a former employee of WoodForest National Bank I would not recommend working for them. The location I was hired for was completely unmethodical in every aspect. The training consisted of shadowing numerous unprofessional individuals who were not organized enough to train. I was thrown onto the computer system in front of customers without being shown how the computer programs work. In front of the customer I was asked "What do you think you click on for this transaction?"... without being shown a thing. There is no order or a remarkable leader to encourage or direct staff. I witnessed tellers greeting customers without a smile and with this greeting in a very drab voice "Yes. What do you need me to do?" The human resources department is also just as unethical. Having 6 years of previous banking experience I had decided that the role I accepted was not the one for me, I was a manager, leader and personal banker for my previous employer before seeking employment with WoodForest National Bank. I spoke with Human Resources regarding a different position better fitting for both myself and WoodForest. I was told that I needed to stay in my position and give a 2 week notice in order to be considered for rehire or be selected for a different position within WoodForest. I can't quite comprehend why they would want to waste time by keeping me in training knowing I would only be leaving two weeks down the road. They would essentially be paying me for training for a position I would not stay in which is a waste of everyone's time. I should have listened to my instincts; when I was interviewed, the manager and Teller Supervisor both had their cell phones out and on during the whole interview, even receiving phone calls during the interview, which I consider to be very unprofessional. This bank is also viewed the same way by it's local competitors such as Amegy Bank. Word is already out that this bank is unprofessional in how they handle things, I should have listened to others before accepting a position. Hopefully this helps someone else to not make the same mistake that I did.