WoodmenLife - Typical Sales Driven Company | Glassdoor

"Typical Sales Driven Company"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Bristol, VA

I worked at WoodmenLife full-time for less than a year

Pros

Categorically, it is a product that helps people with understanding financial needs and a good system.

Cons

It is a sales job that you and only you will make or break your success for a smaller piece of the commission than if you worked with an IMO. The launch program, completing a booklet with the recruiter was the challenge for me as we were a few hours apart.

Advice to Management

Too much churn out.

WoodmenLife2019-03-15

Other Employee Reviews

"A great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director, Sales Development & Training in Omaha, NE

I have been working at WoodmenLife full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth culture. Ample opportunities. Clear values and vision of the future.

Cons

A great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

WoodmenLife2019-07-06

WoodmenLife Response

July 9, 2019WoodmenLife

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you like the culture and the opportunities available to you. The management team strives to be transparent about our organization's strategic goals and vision. We appreciate your efforts.

"Toxic and Demeaning Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at WoodmenLife full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is a full service bank in the main floor of the building! Bad behavior is rewarded.

Cons

This is a cesspool of mismanagement! Millions of dollars wasted annually on contract employees who bleed the company. If you're in the wrong area with one of the bad/terrible Division Directors and/or IT Managers you likely won't last long. The bad ones are narcissistic, unprofessional, expect too much and treat the people they are responsible for like they are in a prison camp. Executive team and CEO talk a good... game. They speak of transparency, fair and consistent practices for the workforce although, NOTHING they actually do and decisions made do not support those words. Actual job performance was the LEAST important thing considered in reviews. Being friends, family, laughing, joking, running around doing as little productive work as possible, and being part of the "in crowd" would be rewarded with promotions and extremely high rating for "core values", which is the most important thing that according to the review process. Interestingly, honesty and integrity are two of the published/posted core values....maybe the CEO should read the handbook.

Advice to Management

Get a good view on reality, ask questions of your staff instead of just barking at them and insulting them when they are working hard for you and supporting your long term goals...if you have any. Dump CEO for an educated business person who has a sense for business and not just sales.

WoodmenLife2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about WoodmenLife.