Workday - Hard work, good people, even better product! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Hard work, good people, even better product!"

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Education Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

IPO this year is a very good reason, great product, cutting edge, we sell a superior technology, product, and service. SaaS is the word!

Cons

Minimal benefits, no raises in years, hard but fun work, insufficient recognition.

Advice to Management

Cut lose some of that stock, can't take it with you, we who have been there for years deserve more equity participation. We work without raises hoping for a nice payoff in the IPO.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"An excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Test Automation Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Test Automation Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

There is definitely the opportunity to expand one's knowledge and skill set, and explore other opportunities with other teams within the company.

Cons

The nickname here is "Workday (And Night)," and it's very true. There is definitely a cliquish ex-PeopleSoft mentality as well.

Advice to Management

I hope increased salary packages are in the future if the company goes public.

"It's a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

I have worked at a few startups and a few large companies. This company ranks very high on my list of “the best places to work”. The Workday employees are, hands down, some of the smartest people in tech industry. The bonus is that they are also incredibly nice and foster a supportive work environment.

Workday has done a phenomenal job at maintaining a great company culture even with rapid employee growth. They have also done a fantastic job with hiring a diverse technical skill-set from top internet, consumer and enterprise companies.

I’ve worked here for a couple of years and I can say with certainty, that the leadership is spectacular. I have watched them navigate a very tough economy with clear direction, clear communication and with the type of flexibility that is necessary to manage a young company in uncertain economic times.

Cons

No major cons. If you look for problems, you’ll find them, no matter where you work. As with any successful high growth company, we work hard, solve complex problems and walk away feeling like we have accomplished something great. Workday is definitely a place for those who are builders and have personal drive.