Workday - Spannend, het ontdekken van en bouwen aan de toekomst van ERP-Cloud. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Spannend, het ontdekken van en bouwen aan de toekomst van ERP-Cloud."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

- Geweldig om te werken voor echte ERP

- Winnend bedrijf van het SW enterprise erfgoed

- Start-up met intelligentie, ambitie en lange termijn visie

- Geweldig leiderschap, betere werkgevers.

Cons

- Een start-up is niet voor iedereen

- Korte communicatielijnen en efficiënte lijnen kan moeilijk zijn als je dit niet gewend bent.

- Zeer hooggeplaatste mensen met een "can do" en "will win" mentaliteit kunnen confronterend zijn

Advice to Management

- Blijf inzoomen op de vloer

- Houd exclusief en accepteren geen middelmatigheid in alles wat je plant en uitvoert.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"Great workmates make for a great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of talent in the company
    People share what they know
    Consistently looking out for others - both inside the company and outside

Cons

Can't think of any to mention

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on our culture. It's truly making a difference.

2. "Good people, fair work, better than I expected"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Workday for about six months now, and figured it's as good of a time as any to leave a review. Before working at Workday, I was at an agency making mobile apps on contract, and before that I was with a robotics startup that had an awesome product, but killer hours. Coming in to Workday, I was a more than a little skeptical given that it's a fairly big company in a not-so-exciting field (HR software). The main reason I decided to give it a chance was the recommendation of a former co-worker who also works here. Overall it turned out to be a great decision. A few of the pros:

* Reasonable working hours - you're not constantly working like a startup
    * Great pay/stock - they know how to use the carrot to motivate, and I'm OK with that
    * Awesome people - I work directly with a lot of good engineers, and have definitely learned a lot/grown in just the last few months that I've been here. There's definitely a focus on creating maintainable and extendable software
    * Not stagnating with latest patterns - there's been a lot of new tech coming out for our platform in the last year or so, and we've been able to incorporate it into our product so our skills aren't just stagnating and getting stale.
    * Pretty flexible with time spent in the office - I have some medical things that can sometimes stop me from going in pretty frequently, and it hasn't been a problem. We can take our laptops home and there's systems in place for being able to get up and running as if I were hooked up to the office network.

Cons

Surprisingly, no major cons. I was just talking about work with my girlfriend the other day and didn't have anything major to complain about (aside from the obvious "meh, I had to work and deal with things" that you'll have anywhere - that is why we're paid, right?), and I don't think I ever have. That's saying a bit, since I've definitely had complaining points for every other place I've worked :p