Workday - Great company, CEOs, product and co-workers! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Great company, CEOs, product and co-workers!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEOs who believe in me and, unlike some others, are not weasels.
Everyone here is really smart and motivated.
Constant opportunities to innovate, as the kind of work we do has not been done before.
Satisfied customers.

Cons

Long hours.
Not paid competitive to the market, but that is balanced by great stock options in my case.

Advice to Management

Need some kind of sabbatical program for those of us who have been running at full speed for quite a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"All that glitters is not gold"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you are the type who takes instructions and follows them without any space or time for creativity join this firm
    - If you also are the type who work better under inefficient leaders - Join this Company

Cons

- I agree with everyone else on this portal about Workday's Clicky culture - If you are in the in crowd you get away with almost anything.
    - There is no room for innovation or creativity, coz you are expected to follow procedure every single second of your time here. Creativity is for the higher ups, if you are in the low rung and want to be creative you are going to be shot down almost immediately.
    - The nickname - WorkDaynNight is very true. Hence no work life balance at all.
    - Don't expect your manager to help you figure out your career; strengths or weaknesses. She will have no interest or intention to contribute to your professional growth.
    - Benefits are the worst a Bay Area Tech company can ever offer.

This is the part that is most frustrating - They do not like you moving around teams. They discourage that with all their might.

ps: The key to success here is to suck up to HR; There is very little sense of confidentiality in that department.

Advice to Management

Post IPO phase for any company is tough -- tread carefully; compensate and appreciate employee; Review your benefits; don't try so hard to behave like a big firm.

"You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Experienced Senior Leadership
    Great Product
    Happy Customers
    Long Term Growth Opportunities

The software is in very high demand, and there we are filling a need that is really only supplied by one company. The incumbent vendors are doomed (with perhaps the exception of SAP). Oracle will soon leave the ERP market, because no one will be buying on-premise ERP in 5 years. Tech comes and goes, and we are on the way in.

Cons

Growing pains associated with any hyper-growth company (i.e. processes are fluid and sometimes unclear)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. As long you continue to treat the front-line employee with respect and honesty, our future is extremely bright.