Workday - Overall, great product and excellent senior management; Beware, toxic CSD environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Overall, great product and excellent senior management; Beware, toxic CSD environment."

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great senior leadership, fun company events. All employees are invited to company meetings. Workday is leading provider of ERP in the cloud, stock is performing well, keep it up.

Cons

Many of the old reviews regarding the CSD environment from 2012 remain true well past their date.
Senior management may not have any idea how bad it really became, or just didn't care;
bait and switch. Limited career advancement from CSD, most after their CSD tenure end up in positions filled with recent graduates. Some have made it into very interesting roles, the majority went into other support roles not related to prospecting for new customers. Long story short: Your CSD skills have little value in other areas of the company. (Not worth it for all the grunt work that you're enslaved to do.) Especially if you have to do it in SLC.

If you're interested in 2+ years of cold calling, only to find yourself rotating around to a somewhat related support role, be my guest. If you're passionate about sales, and you want a much more linear and logical career path, salesforce.com might be a better choice.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"fantastic company with great future prospects. Without a doubt going to be the ERP leader in the cloud"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hire top quality talent, management is fantastic, product is great and the customers are happy

Cons

lots of hires from legacy companies. need more youth and innovative thinking in the sales force

Advice to Management

hire from more innovative companies rather than from those that we deem are antiquated

"Great company, CEOs, product and co-workers!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEOs who believe in me and, unlike some others, are not weasels.
    Everyone here is really smart and motivated.
    Constant opportunities to innovate, as the kind of work we do has not been done before.
    Satisfied customers.

Cons

Long hours.
    Not paid competitive to the market, but that is balanced by great stock options in my case.

Advice to Management

Need some kind of sabbatical program for those of us who have been running at full speed for quite a while.