Workday - Hervorragende Firma zum Mitarbeiten :) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Hervorragende Firma zum Mitarbeiten :)" "Amazing Company to Work for :)"

Current Employee - Softwareentwickler in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
Current Employee - Softwareentwickler in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Arbeitskultur, flexible Arbeitszeit, Arbeit von zu Hause, Technologie, Innovation, Spaß, Lernkurve, Wachstum….

Work Culture, Flexible Hours, WFH, Technology, Innovation, Fun, Learning Curve, Growth....

Cons

Das Gehalt sollte ein bisschen höher sein.

Salary should be a bit more high.

Advice to Management

Die gute Arbeit fortführen.

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"Spannend, het ontdekken van en bouwen aan de toekomst van ERP-Cloud." "Exciting, discovering and building the future of ERP-Cloud."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

- Geweldig om te werken voor echte ERP

- Winnend bedrijf van het SW enterprise erfgoed

- Start-up met intelligentie, ambitie en lange termijn visie

- Geweldig leiderschap, betere werkgevers.

- Great to work for true ERP-could business
    - Winning business of the legacy SW enterprise
    - Start-up with intelligence, ambition and longterm vision
    - Great Leadership, greater employers.

Cons

- Een start-up is niet voor iedereen

- Korte communicatielijnen en efficiënte lijnen kan moeilijk zijn als je dit niet gewend bent.

- Zeer hooggeplaatste mensen met een "can do" en "will win" mentaliteit kunnen confronterend zijn

- A start-up is not for everybody
    - short lines of communication and efficient lines can be difficult when not used to it.
    - Very senior people with a "can do" and "will win" mentality can be confrontational

Advice to Management

- Blijf inzoomen op de vloer

- Houd exclusief en accepteren geen middelmatigheid in alles wat je plant en uitvoert.

- Keep zooming in on the floor
    - Keep excluding and not accepting average in everything you plan and execute.

"Overall, a great place to work"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been at WDAY for over 3 yrs, I've held several roles. It is very possible to pursue different departments, though we are notorious for the tough job transition months where you're holding different roles. The work is increasingly interesting as we fight for market share, and our product just keeps getting better. From our Product and Support and Strategy organizations, to Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Services and Sales - people here care and are highly competent compared to industry counterparts.

Management incredibly transparent/honest for the most part. Definitely some politics and reorging, but to be expected in our growing pains stage.

Benefits are solid, and we got 401k match last year. Perks are good. We do have a snack program, but actual meals would be better. Cafeteria coming when we build out our new building in Pleasanton.

Much of the company is flexible with working from home - however, this doesn't permeate to every department. Over my three years here, I've had several family emergencies requiring me to take time off, and WDAY truly felt like a family checking up on me during these times. Even on bad days, I walk around and think "these are just plain good people."

We're all shareholders and that is taken seriously. Everyone driving toward the same goal of having happy customers.

Diversity of interests is welcomed, and you can get involved with a lot of different clubs and interest groups.

Workday is on the up and up financially...we're growing responsibly at a fast clip.

Cons

We've had surveys about benefit improvements, have signed the equal pay pledge, and some are receiving comp adjustments accordingly. However, pay is still below average on balance.

We're improving at this, but haven't always had a solid process that is consistent across teams for development/promotion. It can be difficult to get fair raises, keep pace with inflation within the cyclical reviews, but even more difficult (but possible) to get comp correction off-cycle.

If you're not happy, this is a tough place to be, as there is a strong culture of having fun and being the best place to work. Sometimes it feels like overkill. Lot of koolaid drinking. :) But it is delicious koolaid.

Politics within Senior Management - As with any company, there are a few bad apples. Don't tolerate this behavior - it isn't aligned with our core values. Seen some situations where HR didn't always do "the right thing."