Workday - amazing, but... | Glassdoor

"amazing, but..."

Pros

hugely talented team, lots of opportunities for creative and sometimes groundbreaking work. across the board, people are great to work with and there are minimal politics between individuals or teams.

Cons

the team is generally overworked and underpaid relative to competitive opportunities. the hard work is good, and the teamwork is good, but there's often just too much of it.

Advice to Management

put a bit more focus on investing in the employee base rather than just building the next big company. it would be great to see more investment in individual and team development, rather than just company and product.

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"An Excellent Place to Work!"

Pros

Workday has restored my belief that corporate America can provide jobs that are fun, rewarding and challenging. My managers have respect for my work/life balance and I feel I can give honest feedback to anyone in the company (including upper management). My coworkers all seem genuinely enthusiastic about their jobs and that makes a huge difference for my attitude too. Recently I was walking through the development cubes and saw a developer staring intently at his screen with a wide smile on his face. I figured he was looking a youtube video, but when I peeked at the screen I saw that he was working on some code. He, like many other people I have seen around the office, just seemed to be enjoying his work. It's a refreshing and contagious attitude that I really enjoy at Workday.
    Of course having Dave Duffield as Co-CEO is fantastic. He is a great person, genuine and welcoming with a drive to build a company that lasts. The other thing that is really powerful about having Dave as Co-CEO is that he attracts really talented people based on his excellent (and deserved) reputation. I really feel honored to be part of the team at Workday.

Cons

I wish I was closer to the HQ (I work from home) so that I could participate in more of the company activities. A vast majority of the staff are very experienced, but we will need to start hiring junior people that can grow as the company matures. I realize that the executives are working hard on this, but it will be an ongoing challenge.

Advice to Management

Finding great junior people will be an ongoing challenge for Workday. Over time we will end up with a generation gap that will be difficult to fill if we don't work hard on recruiting college grads and people new to the industry.

"Workday is on fire! This is one fast moving, fast growing, great company."

Pros

If you like fast paced...and I mean, fast paced, hungry, passionate places to work - Workday is it. With extreme success so far, this company is going places. The people are great, management is driven and experienced, and opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots to do in little time, so the work load and expectations are high, but huge opportunities should come out of it.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and always remember honest communication is key.