Workday - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Great leadership,what else could I say

Cons

Boring,no way to advance career

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

1. "Workday is everything I've wanted in a company and in a job"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

The people I work with are passionate and committed to seeing each other succeed and to seeing the company succeed. The technology is cutting edge and disrupting the enterprise technology landscape and literally changing the game. The leadership, from the executive level down to the line level, are 2nd to none. And Dave D., what can I say, the man knows what he's doing. Our future is bright and I look forward to our continued success as we grow and capture market share.

Cons

Be ready to work....yes, it's true, there is a lot of work to be done. Is this a con? For me, no, but for some, yes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"If you choose to work here, you are making a mistake!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Exceptional technology, helpful well intentioned but completely disempowered middle management.

Cons

-Senior Executive leadership dictatorial approach is formula for failure.
    -While claimed domain expertise is HR, HR systems are lacking, sub-par integration with benefit providers (I still get mail and email from benefit providers as if i work there!) and well below market benefits and compensation packages.
    -HR and legal team way over their heads
    -Middle management completely powerless and has no control over their domain.
    -Culture is not as described. It is long workdays for low pay and no loyalty in return

Advice to Management

Good luck on your way to the scrap heap history with all the other companies with good technology, an outstanding founder who "let it get away" by entrusting the company to the wrong people. My advice is to make Sr. Leadership change NOW or all your great ideas will be for naught. Stretching the truth about customers and customer stories, about technology capabilities, about internal expertise only works for a while. Tell the truth! Practice what you preach regarding HR practices!