World Travel Holdings - Not as good as they make themselves look | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

"Not as good as they make themselves look"

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have young children working from home helps save money on daycare and such

Cons

Where to start??? When your applying for employment it seems this company is a great place to work. Once you get out of training you realize it isn't as great as they made it seem. you get 3 weeks of training and that does not teach the new employees all they need so we do a lot of clean up work for them. Because they offer benefits you get excited because now your going to receive medical, dental and vision. Well when you start to use your benefits you realize you are paying $300 for benefits that you must meet a $2000.00 deductible before the insurance will pay. So you spend a lot of out of pocket expenses that could or would be avoided if they had real benefits. They train you for one position (again they under train) and when they start to add new features like hotel, flights car rentals and shore excursions, they gave you 1 or 2 hours of training online. What is that suppose to do for us? Not everyone can learn 2 new programs in just 2 hours plus you don't want to give us more money to do more work!!! You hired us to do cruises I understand you want to make more money so why not either hire new employees for your new business purposes or train us better and pay us for the work. More money is coming into the business yet the people in the front lines aren't getting raises while corporate is sitting back enjoying the money.

If you would like to go part-time you have to tell them why you need to do it, if you need a day off they want to know why. Why should I tell you? I have my PTO hours so let me use them. Why should we have to tell you about our personal/private lives?

Do you know how many new hires quit before they even make it to 6 months? They start with a training class of 25 and by the time 6 months arrive they have 10 or less left from that same training class.

A lot of employees don't like working there however with the economy the way it is we are blessed to have a employment. I bet if we could we would all leave and all the experienced and I mean experienced employees would of left years ago yet we stay cause we have bills and families to take care of while WTH is screwing us over

Advice to Management

If you read this and still don't know how to fix it than you need better management. The CEO's need to take a look at this. I believe if we could take anonymous surveys regrinding how we feel about the company Brad and Jeff would be shocked. I bet your turnover rates are not good

Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings

1. "Not what they tell you it is - Sell more and get paid less"

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

Pros

Your associates. They make it worth coming in

Cons

The company has gone against all of the other competition's policies in place to generate business during this economy. . Raising administrative and processing fees while others are eliminating them, increasing margin share by one quarter of one percent while charging back 35% of any discounts to the agents. finding something wrong about every call we are monitored on. Marketing is sometimes purposely deceptive and aimed at what the industry calls bottom feeders. When they find out they are not getting a $400 credit on a $150 cruise, they hang up. This has a negative effect on our compensation as our conversion decreases making us ineligible for bonus.

Advice to Management

Spend a day on the phones trying to book some of these calls using the "customer connection" in place.

2. "Hire & Fire"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This seems like a great opportunity to work from home.

Cons

Every year they hire a lot of Virtual Travel Agents before the busy cruise selling season (November) & fire 99% of them after the cruise selling season is over in (March). You will never make anything above minimum wage--the commissions are completely unreachable & deceptive. I thought they seemed legit because they offered 6 weeks of training but this is not the case. In addition, you will miss most of the training because of constant computer issues while in training and after--another reason commissions are completely unreachable.

Advice to Management

Get a Conscious!