World Travel Holdings - Pay more attention to who has the most impact on your customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

"Pay more attention to who has the most impact on your customers"

Former Employee - Sales Coach in Miramar, FL
Former Employee - Sales Coach in Miramar, FL

Pros

They are a leader in the Travel Industry and have a very aggressive approach to gaining new business especially when the industry trends are down.

Cons

advancement opportunities and management payment is limited, and the bonus Maximum potential is not attainable. Compensation is always the first item to be changed for everyone when performance dips.

Advice to Management

Your frontline supervisors and coaches should be the most important people to senior managemet as they are given the most daily tasks and are responsible for keeping your frontline sales people motivated and productive. This is not the case and is usually the complete opposite, overworked and underpaid is essentially the way this position runs.

Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings

"WTH needs to take a hard look in the mirror and into the future or they might not be around much longer."

Current Employee - Withheld in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Withheld in Woburn, MA

Pros

People are very nice and personable. Never let it be said that people don't like coming here. I think they just feel that things are not going to get any better.

Cons

Complete lack of vision from Senior Management. You would be hard pressed to find 5 employees (out of hundreds) who know what the company vision is, what direction we are headed in, or how we are going to get there. After several rounds of layoffs over the years, including a recent one in which 15% of the staff was laid off, morale is very low.

Advice to Management

See above comments. You have to do more than just tread water.

2. "Great Intentions in a Challenging Environment"

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really do try to treat their employees right and create an open and transparent culture, as much as they can with everyone working from home. As an example, they give employees an HRA fund to help offset healthcare costs. Don't know any other company that does that. The opportunity for a good living is there with this company you just have to be patient and work hard. I hear scheduling is an issue for some, but honestly, that's what we signed up for to service people when they're available! There are so many people that I've seen grow and move into other positions with the company and that is awesome. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

There are positions that pay less than others but we don't have to pay for a lot of things that come with working out to home so it makes sense. This is a virtual work from home company for the majority of its employees, so there are some challenges when it comes to staying connected but they are always trying new things.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep putting employees first and building programs to keep people feeling connected and you will continue to succeed and improve.