World Travel Holdings - Great place to train and learn the cruise business. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

"Great place to train and learn the cruise business."

Current Employee - Group Sales
Current Employee - Group Sales

Pros

Work your own hours. You can earn an unlimited income however it dies take a while to build up
your sales.

Cons

The management is ok. If you do not work you do not make any money. If you have a reservation to cancel they will take the commission out of your next pay check.

Advice to Management

Be much more helpful to people who are having a difficult time making sales rather than gushing over the people that are making sales. Everyone wants to be successful.

Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings

"They don't pay well!!, the more you know they change your banding and your pay decreases"

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

Pros

To have a job, do a couple of ship tours, eat the food on tours.....thats the only perk you'll recieve.

Cons

Alot of micro managing and ass kissing, they treat you like a race horse!!! the scheduling sucks and changes every three months.

Advice to Management

They dont pay well, the more you know about selling cruises and learn the ships. They force you to change your banding to get more commission, this is done when its the busy periods so you can think your making more money!!!....They are nothing but Hustlers!!

2. "I loved it, but working virtually is difficult"

Former Employee - Travel Pro
    Former Employee - Travel Pro

Pros

Best health benefits I've had with any employer, amazing travel perks, solid training program, good support, ongoing training and ease in getting time off.

Cons

Working virtually I felt less recognized that I would have if I worked in an office environment. Straight out of training I was in the top 10% with my overall sales numbers but I was frustrated that there wasn't anyone I felt could truly vouch for me as an individual or could mentor me to move forward in the organization. I loved the company and was working on my MBA when I was there and I wish I had instead worked someplace that would have helped me move forward in my career. I took a few cruises and had fun though :)

Advice to Management

I think I pretty much voiced my concerns with the company. There are great people working at WTH but either working virtually wasn't for me or there is some work to be done to make virtual employees truly feel like they have the opportunity to advance their careers there.