Employee Review

Current Employee

Low pay, great people

May 14, 2021 - Associate Project Engineer in Edwardsville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

People here are great to work with. The benefits are really good as well.

Cons

I feel that the pay doesn't match the amount of work/stress involved.

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much for this kind feedback. Regarding your concern about low pay, all compensation decisions are determined by the individual’s role and their performance within that role. WWT utilizes several external compensation resources to ensure we are paying a competitive wage for all work that is performed. If you are interested in exploring other roles which may be a better fit for you, please contact a member of the recruiting team and they will be happy to help you. Thanks again.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

It is what you make it

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Technical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a sink or swim company, If you aren't self determined and self sufficient you may sink, if you work well alone with little oversight then swim. Pays well

Cons

same as pros it is what you make it

Be the first to find this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. We believe WWT is a great place to work and we're always looking for ways to improve in being a great place to work for everyone. We have a very hard working team but we also have a great culture. Thanks again.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Smart People and Dysfunction

May 28, 2021 - Senior Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly some amazing people at WWT with tons of technical talent. At an individual team level there are some great things happening around the company. WWT can be a great place for people early on in their career to get exposure to different technical domains, enterprise sales, etc. There are a few really good executives throughout the company. The C Level leadership team cares about the employees and have established a solid approach to culture and values. The benefit costs are amazing compared to current corporate norms.

Cons

Pay seems to trend below market average for many technical roles in emerging technical areas. Many organizational and management failures due to personal relationships being a significant factor in advancement and hires. The "Saint Louis Club" and other nicknames are used internally to describe this long-term problem. Causes a direct conflict with the core values and leadership principles. Significant focus has been put on obtaining external awards which do not necessarily reflect the day to day experiences of many of the teams. This has created a disconnect in reality between the executive team and many of the employees.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for both the positive and constructive feedback and we are sorry you decided to leave WWT. We are a St. Louis based company therefore nearly all our employees and executives are based here, so we can understand some of these perceptions. We are unfamiliar with your reference to external awards. We have been very fortunate to be acknowledged as a Great Place To Work. Our goal is to truly be a great place to work for all, regardless of whether or not we win any awards for this. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck in your new role.

Discover more reviews about World Wide Technology.