WorldFish Center - Great learning experience | Glassdoor

"Great learning experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at WorldFish Center as an intern

Pros

I had direct exposure to senior directors, great mentoring, and a great learning experience, though that may have been specific to my position. It was a project based position and I had full responsibility for the whole project assignment to me, but bi-weekly support with my boss who adjusted the project as needed. A great work experience.

Cons

I didn't have any office space, so I worked remotely. But that was okay with me.

Other Employee Reviews for WorldFish Center

1. "Manager"

I worked at WorldFish Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good working environment, Flexible working hours.

Cons

Could improve on compensation for local staff.

"Senior Scientist - contact point for Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security Program."

Former Employee - Marine Scientist in Selsey, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marine Scientist in Selsey, England (UK)

I worked at WorldFish Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some excellent colleagues, interesting work program and international scope make Worldfish a potentially fun and inspiring place to work.

Cons

The pigs have taken over this farm. The flagship (Aquatic Agricultural Systems) research program has failed spectacularly to achieve its aims in the area of poverty reduction. Huge sums of poor peoples' money are squandered on unnecessary business class flights and 5* hotels. Poor overall leadership. Senior management usually absent. Director much more interested in building personal property empire than in Worldfish and its staff. Nepotism and cronyism rampant. Total failure to translate the laudable aims (diversity, fairness etc.) of the Personnel Policy Manual into reality.

Advice to Management

Turn up for your work. Minimise time spent 'working from home'. Take an interest in you staff and talk to them. Listen to feedback.