WorldQuant - WorldQuant is an excellent place to work and provides me with a very well balanced and well nurtured work culture. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WorldQuant

"WorldQuant is an excellent place to work and provides me with a very well balanced and well nurtured work culture."

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher
Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher

Pros

First, the whole firm is one giant team and there is a lot of collaborative effort going into the things we're doing here. This provides me with a great learning opportunity. Second, the amount of creative freedom I have at WorldQuant, I don't think I'd get the same level of freedom and motivation elsewhere. Thirdly, every process in the firm is quantified and transparent, be it how the bonus is decided or be it the rating system. This avoids any corporate red-tape within the firm and promotes openness which I really admire about this firm. Lastly, from the moment you join the firm, you have the option of choosing your mentors and stand to gain from the advice of well seasoned professionals who are usually the seniors in the firm as well as the senior management.

Cons

One downside could be that the job involves active research and it is very easy to get stressed if one keeps pushing too hard to get results. I myself came to this stage sometime back and realized that it's more about the efforts. Results take time to come but once they fructify, you are handsomely rewarded with commensurate bonus.

Advice to Management

It has been a great experience working at WorldQuant so far and I hope to be able to create value for the firm for many years to come. I really appreciate the motivation, guidance and encouragement you guys have provided so far.

Other Employee Reviews for WorldQuant

"Excellent place for those who are smart and work hard"

Pros

There are many very smart and successful colleagues. So, for a motivated new hire, it is an excellent place to learn from some of the best in this business. The company offers plenty of opportunities and flexibility for motivated employees to learn new knowledge. The company gives excellent rewards to those who make strong contributions.

Cons

Flexibility in work place also implies that one has to have strong self discipline, so you can spend your time wisely, since you won't be told what to do on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

During the recruiting process, make sure candidates know that it will take both strong self-discipline and much efforts to be successful in this company.

"Great place to work for people interested in quantititve strategies"

Pros

Place surrounded by smart motivated people who are friendly and dedicated on building profitable statistical arbitrage strategies. Senior managements are very approachable and will respond quickly to issues. Very little politics and innovation is everywhere in the company. Highly recommend it !

Cons

Expect to work hard, but the reward is great
    Good programming skills needed, otherwise must be willing to learn it