Worldpay - I thought it was going to be a great opportunity. It wasn't. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Worldpay

"I thought it was going to be a great opportunity. It wasn't."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Worldpay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good comp plan. Great systems. Everything is right at your fingertips.

Cons

Way too much reporting and "mandatory" conference calls. Every morning, there were 2 conference calls about what you are going to sign that day. The first one was for everyone. The second one was required for those who are not on track to hit their goals. There didn't seem to be room for anyone unsure of what to do. All they want to know is how many are you going to sign. And then, if you missed your number, they set up another conference call to explain to upper management why you didn't hit your number. Also, there were countless reports that contain all the info from these conference calls that had to be submitted. If all I do is attend conference calls and complete reports, how can I go on sales calls so that I am on track? During the interview process, I was impressed and thought that this would be a great opportunity. Once I was onboard, everything changed.

Advice to Management

I understand the need for reporting. But, with so many conference calls and reports, and yelling at people on these calls, it makes for a bad environment. If someone is not achieving their numbers, there should be a focus on what is holding that salesperson back. Is it training? Or something else? The constant reporting and yelling make for an environment of constant turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Worldpay

"Its ok"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Worldpay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Things are changing. The company is struggling to find its identity and there are growing pains. But, there are still good people there that will work with you.

Cons

There is a silo-heavy feel and its buttressed by the division of labor within the building. 4th floor is operations/hourly employees. 3rd floor is IT and Risk/Marketing, each in their own wing. 2nd floor is executives and human resources. 1st floor is IT infrastructure and product development. These people dont talk to each other, but talk freely amonst themselves. Very strange

"Constant re-orgs and lay offs."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Worldpay full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None since Bain took over and are trying to lower costs to sell.

Cons

Terrible senior management only concerned with getting their severance when the next round of lay offs is announced.

Bain consultants are running the place looking for any cost savings possible to make Worldpay look more profitable when they are sold.

Constant re-orgs and layoffs. Truly the worst work environment I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Just come honest with whats happening. Don't carry on cloaking in HR double speak about values.