Worldwide Express - Area Sales Manager | Glassdoor

Featured Review

"Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training. Only Promote within. Promote based on performance not tenure. Higher base pay than majority of Outside Sales Roles, plus uncapped residual commission.

Cons

I'm clearly biased given the fact I work for the company. However, putting myself in the shoes in someone who is looking at WWEX &/or former employee I think the two biggest things i've read on reviews is (below)

- Work Life Balance
- Micromanagement

Again, I know i'm biased, but I need to address these two reviews I see from people. Every office in every state is different & I think everyone would agree that there are bad seeds in every company, but that doesn't make the company a bad company or even the statement true.

I can say 100% there is work life balance. Being with the company 4 years I've seen a lot and typically the people that say this don't realize that they signed up for a competitive sales position. If you have any knowledge of a Sales Role, it's not your typical 9-5 punch in & punch out. I think people see the rewards that comes with being in sales, but often times don't want to see what it actual takes to become a high performing sales rep. Being someone who's been a top performer every year, i'll admit at times I had less work life balance, but that was my choice. Before I signed with WWEX they were straight forward and I knew what it would take to not only be a top performer in this company, but also what it takes to climb / get promoted. NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company. However, I have a pretty good life & balance is more than balanced.

Micromanagement - Piggybacking off comment a few paragraphs above, every office / manager is different & while some offices / managers micromanage, majority of them don't. That being said, if a new rep isn't performing, rather than just letting that person go, a manager is going to get on them more, not because he/she wants to babysit that rep, but so that they can see where they're struggling and help them. Managers here aren't just looking to get a paycheck from reps, we care because we've all been in the shoes of that rep, we've all struggled and we've all had a manager who stuck by our side and helped us get to where we are at today. While some might call that micromanagement, I call that leadership

Advice to Management

Being a new manager, I told myself never forget what got me here. Just because my title changed, doesn't mean i'm going to sit in some office preaching about how good I was and barking orders. I'm in the trenches with my reps all day, every day. I would say if there is any managers that think they don't need to be leading by example, remember what got you here & know that nobody wants to work / follow someone who doesn't practice what the preach.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best 3PL Out There"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the past few months the company has put a ton of resources in growing our back office teams to fully support the field and it has been such a blessing. Now the outside sales/account management teams can focus more on finding new customers or keeping current ones than getting caught in some of the day to day that can take up valuable time. The company is constantly evolving to make things better and recently change the way we get some of our leads and it has been great. We can spend less time in the car/going door to door and cover more potential opportunities in the same amount of time. Every office is different but I couldn't be happier with the work/life balance and the freedom my manager gives me to get the job done.

Cons

Our CRM is pretty outdated but a new system is in the works. No other complaints, couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

2. "Outside Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, Training, Compensation, Upward mobility, Flexibility, Mentorship

Cons

Driving, Must perform/pressure, Selling an imperfect product - shipping

Advice to Management

From my personal management experience, I've learned a lot and have no advice for them.

Discover more reviews about Worldwide Express.