Worldwide Express - Area Sales Manager | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "They offer a fabulous training program In there Dallas headquarters" (in 34 reviews)

• "In addition to a great company culture, we have a great work life balance" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, working in emerging markets" (in 28 reviews)

• "door to door sales, burn out rate is high" (in 12 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training. Only Promote within. Promote based on performance not tenure. Higher base pay than majority of Outside Sales Roles, plus uncapped residual commission.

Cons

I'm clearly biased given the fact I work for the company. However, putting myself in the shoes in someone who is looking at WWEX &/or former employee I think the two biggest things i've read on reviews is (below)

- Work Life Balance
- Micromanagement

Again, I know i'm biased, but I need to address these two reviews I see from people. Every office in every state is different & I think everyone would agree that there are bad seeds in every company, but that doesn't make the company a bad company or even the statement true.

I can say 100% there is work life balance. Being with the company 4 years I've seen a lot and typically the people that say this don't realize that they signed up for a competitive sales position. If you have any knowledge of a Sales Role, it's not your typical 9-5 punch in & punch out. I think people see the rewards that comes with being in sales, but often times don't want to see what it actual takes to become a high performing sales rep. Being someone who's been a top performer every year, i'll admit at times I had less work life balance, but that was my choice. Before I signed with WWEX they were straight forward and I knew what it would take to not only be a top performer in this company, but also what it takes to climb / get promoted. NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company. However, I have a pretty good life & balance is more than balanced.

Micromanagement - Piggybacking off comment a few paragraphs above, every office / manager is different & while some offices / managers micromanage, majority of them don't. That being said, if a new rep isn't performing, rather than just letting that person go, a manager is going to get on them more, not because he/she wants to babysit that rep, but so that they can see where they're struggling and help them. Managers here aren't just looking to get a paycheck from reps, we care because we've all been in the shoes of that rep, we've all struggled and we've all had a manager who stuck by our side and helped us get to where we are at today. While some might call that micromanagement, I call that leadership

Advice to Management

Being a new manager, I told myself never forget what got me here. Just because my title changed, doesn't mean i'm going to sit in some office preaching about how good I was and barking orders. I'm in the trenches with my reps all day, every day. I would say if there is any managers that think they don't need to be leading by example, remember what got you here & know that nobody wants to work / follow someone who doesn't practice what the preach.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are very nice. Atmosphere is very pleasant. Work without someone constantly watching you. Never ending healthy snacks and juice. Pay and bonus's are very competative. They provide stand up desks to keep you moving.They take excellent care of their employees. Always promoting socials and gatherings to get people out.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of your employees and they will continue to work hard and love their job, just as I do.

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worldwide Express has been an amazing company to be a part of. In a growing industry, Worldwide continues to put their employees first to help them exceed both career and personal goals. In addition to a great company culture, we have a great work life balance. Like any job, you get what you put into it, and i have had the pleasure of finding a great career at Worldwide Express. If you are looking for a sales career to take you to the next level in your career, this is the place to work.

Cons

Worldwide Express has been a great company to be a part of. There really aren’t any cons that make this company a bad place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and provide the necessary resources to be successful.

Discover more reviews about Worldwide Express.