Worldwide TechServices - True what other posts say | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Worldwide TechServices

"True what other posts say"

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Naples, FL
Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Naples, FL

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

certs
Customer service
repair various models of laptops and desktops

Cons

29 hours weekly
no direct support
use own transportation( .33 cents mile)
Management seems lost

Advice to Management

Hire the Techs that perform to full time
provide more hours

Other Employee Reviews for Worldwide TechServices

1. "Just work for this company if there is nothing else!!!"

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can arrange your schedule with the customers. Most of them don't mind. Good first job to do some networking and meet people in the IT field.

This company was good from 2001 to 2004 more or less. The money was good then but now you will work for pennies.

Cons

No benefits, no health insurance, no raises, when work volume is low you can't make much money. Just waste a lot of your time. With the new payment structure it is not worth the time of day. You can make more as a security guard probably.

Advice to Management

Too late for this in my opinion. If they have not gotten a clue in the last 13 years when business and the economy were good, I don't see what they can possibly do now.

"Banctec Takeover Complete"

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices (More than 8 years)

Pros

Going to the doctor to document your job stress. Talking to counsel and learning all sorts of labor issues.

Cons

As a kid I'd read how it used to be living in the communist countries under Soviet rule, and how a person would have to confront abject unreality and create a seperate distinct mindset just to survive and stay sane. There's no managers with rifles guarding escaping employees, but it feels something like reality turned upside down. Since this invading merger of Bantec, employees have been badgered, beleaguered, talked-down to, intimidated, threatened...non-stop. Before the big "B" tookover, the regular Qualxserv management had some respectability but had some typical adversarial attitudes toward the workforce. It's all in overdrive now. I expect some real ethical issues to arise by year's end, and probably more court action out of it. I've begun to think that people who end up in management are there because they have no other skills but to give and take orders, because they sure do not use reason and logic. As a result, poor thinkers with poor ethics end up in management. And here we are with WWTS -- the most demoralizing, humiliating bunch of society's losers. Unfortunately profanity is not allowed on this website, because profanity is the only method that would adequately express the level of spitting frustration I have over a squandered company. Maybe the execs will benefit somehow from the new "model" but everyone else suffers. A crying shame. My doctor knows. And no amount of labeling "Disgruntled" changes anything -- reality is reality, not perception is reality.

Advice to Management

What insanity has possessed you to allow this travesty? Do you know the golden rule? The 10 commandments? The Ann Landers Book of Etiquette? Common manners?