Wyndham Vacation - Lack of consistency, training, professionalism, and ethics. Great perks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wyndham Vacation

"Lack of consistency, training, professionalism, and ethics. Great perks."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lake Delton, WI
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lake Delton, WI

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

(Front-Line Sales)
Great Benefits and Discounts, Perks.
Training Pay.
Highly-recognizable brand with presence in the market.
Great position if you care more about your own income than others.
High income opportunity - some reps make upwards of $10-20k in a month.

Cons

(Front-Line Sales)
Consider asking the recruiter how busy you will be at your position. There were some weeks where I would be "working" only 4 hours of the 5 days I was sitting there. Extremely boring with no tasks to be done. Managers and team were very friendly, though outspoken and expressed lack of professionalism and boundaries.

The communication between Reps, Managers, and the Trainer is highly confusing. The training seemed mostly to be a joke that helped very little with the actual selling of the product. If it is a sales position, Sell the salesmen on the product.
Lots of "grey areas" that managers encourage reps not to reveal to clients, such as fees and costs of ownership. They call it "hiding the truth", which is not to be confused with lying.

Advice to Management

Help to get training and sales views aligned. Tough transition from 10-day training into the sales position. Also, give more coaching and on-going training. And sell the reps on the product, don't tell them how to cheat people.

Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Vacation

"lots of micro managing and strict goals pushing for quotas."

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the co workers where the only thing good. and some nice prizes at the Christmas party.

Cons

strict schedule, couldn't be late coming back from lunch or breaks, or log in one second late from start of shift. micro managing, lots of quota to be met with out very much compensation.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing

"I loved my job.."

Current Employee - Tracel Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Tracel Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

The agents that work there are truly the best. I made many friends and proud to be their friends as well. The company is a good company. The benifits are great.

Cons

The clients were often misled by the time share sales person. If a property owner called complaining of what was sold to him and what was promised was totally fabricated, we as agent had to turn them around and fix the problem.. If they still were unhappy then we,the agent, would get a low score which means that the incentives or bonuses were not paid to us. Also the company has a frequent turn around, like a revolving door of people coming in for the vacation and travel department. Only a few are able to last as an empolyee.

Advice to Management

Management who over sees the office manager, need to monitor them better. I think if that was done they would findt the root of there problem and be able to keep there good agents who them would become senior agents. In essance...would not need to hire and train every 3-6 months new people.