Wyndham Worldwide - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

Pros

Got discounts and great way to expand your customer service skills

Cons

benefits are not that great they could be better as well as the pay.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Wyndham Worldwide

1. "Growing fast!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bangkok (Thailand)

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge network of hotels worldwide. Amercian company with well established standards

Cons

Developping in China & india mostly

Advice to Management

Keep going!

"One Wyndham: Good idea but not practiced if it's not beneficial to corporate - Wyndham Vacation Ownership - Sales Side"

Former Employee - Sales Administration Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Administration Manager

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, Endless opportunities within the company, decent pay, excellent health insurance and competitive 401k plans. Fast paced and innovative.

Cons

Extremeley high turn over, poor compensation for Administration with incredibly high demands, long work days (exceding 12 hours). If you're in Sales or Marketing you must hit specific bench marks to keep your job, the Company does very little training and has very high expectations for profit. You move Marketing agents and Sales reps in and out constantly because of sales numbers but the company fails to see the lack of training as being an issue with the turnover rate.Corporate refuses to offer support to site managment but expects people to perform without having any kind of outer support. The new mantra, "One Wyndham" is a joke. Also, it's a typical good ol boys club.

Advice to Management

Support your people better, invest in talent. Don't preach about wanting to groom people and then drop the ball by denying people the opportunity to grow. The On Boarding process for new managers is laughable, I was promoted to manager and received almost no training. Then I was reprimanded for not knowing how to do things that I had asked for training on. Explain that. HR department is helpful but I never felt like I could bring much to them, especially if my issue was with anyone above Director. I was disappointed with the outcome of my employment with Wyndham, I loved my job but it really seemed like 'upper management', talked a good talk...got me excited about working for the company, but left me high and dry when I needed help.