WyzAnt - They advertize hundreds of tutor jobs but they post us (tutors) names by closest to and I live in a rural area. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WyzAnt

"They advertize hundreds of tutor jobs but they post us (tutors) names by closest to and I live in a rural area."

Current Employee - Tutor

Pros

It would be a flexible job if I could ever get any clients and the pay is good if I can just get matched up with someone who wants tutoring in one of the areas I am certified in.

Cons

Since I live in a rural area, there are not as many tutoring jobs where the client lives close to me, and although I am willingR to travel, the clients never see my name because tutors names show up in order of closest proximity.I was not told this before they hired me either.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if all tutors within say a 25-40 mile radius were listed so even those of us who live in more rural areas would have a fair chance.

Other Employee Reviews for WyzAnt

"They are thieves."

Current Employee - Tutor

Pros

You decide your own hours. It is relatively easy for you to get opportunities if you have the right qualifications.

Cons

The major beef I have with this company is that they take 40% of the money you charge...EVERY HOUR for the first19 hours. After that you go up to keeping 65% and you can only ever keep at most 80% after working a crazy number of hours. That is very unfair since the people that keep 40% aren't even doing the actual tutoring which is the hard part. There is really no incentive to promote the company or tutor more, especially when you can just tutor privately for more money as a better deal for both you and the student. I also think the rating system is bad because you get a potential rating for every session you have with a student, and you never know by looking at a tutor's profile if they tutored the same student x times or they tutored x students.

Advice to Management

I think WyzAnt should only take out a small flat fee instead of taking out (a BIG) percentage of the pay every time (you should not get THAT much credit for getting students and tutors together). It would also help if the student entered comments as well as ratings so we could see how they think we could improve.

"Tutor"

Pros

The hours are what ever you and your students decide. Most of the time you can teach in several subjects, and you know what your are getting into if you read the site.

Cons

They take a portion of the pay from the student. Only have working so many hours do you get more of the money that you earned.

Advice to Management

The reason i have put 3's on the reviews is that there simply is no management. This site is here to get tutors to find students and vise versa.