XIFIN - Great place to grow, love the environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XIFIN

"Great place to grow, love the environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming up on two years, and I very am pleased with the growth and development this company has helped me achieve over that period. There is a wide base of expert-level talent here that can be tapped, and very open communication between the Engineering and Business groups. Developers work closely with the business managers, and are involved in the design process early on. You get invested in your projects, so the work does not seem tedious. I've learned a great deal in a short period of time - not only on the technical side, but on the business end as well.

This is a fast paced environment, and there are times where you need to ramp up quickly to understand some pretty complex processes. However, there is rarely a need to work late hours or weekends. Things are typically confined to a 9-5 workday, so there's plenty of time to enjoy the San Diego sun.

Cons

The company has been expanding at a rapid pace, and is adapting its policies to fit its larger footprint. There can be a bit of an adjustment as these changes are implemented (stricter security policies, etc.).

Other Employee Reviews for XIFIN

"Shortest job"

Pros

Upper executive management nice otherwise and flexible hours. Can't think of anything else positive since I was not there that long.

Cons

Lots of micromanagement. After 16 working days there they figured I should know it all. To boot I did not have complete access to the system during the time there. Set up for failure.

"Has pros and cons like every company does"

Current Employee - Not An Idiot in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Not An Idiot in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your fellow employees - despite a few bad apples, HR has managed to find some of the best people I've ever worked with.
    Location - Del Mar/Carmel Valley area is easily accessible from all over San Diego.
    Summer events and Xmas parties - company foots the bill for you and your family. Last year was a Padres game and previous years have included Sea World, Wild Animal Park and Lego Land
    Casual dress, soda machine and bagels on Fridays
    Despite what others have said, you can have time off around the holidays. Just ask for it.

Cons

Hires too many chiefs and not enough indians. Too many of those chiefs have no clue what they are doing. One AVP for every employee seems a bit much.
    They lowball existing proven employees who keep the place running during the yearly review process, then bring in a new person who knows nothing at a higher wage.
    Not matching 401K
    Rushes to get new releases out, which results in software that works, just not very good and with little to no documentation.

Advice to Management

When you use fear and intimidation as a way to motivate people, you will not always be told the truth.