XIFIN - Return to Junior High if you dare!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XIFIN

"Return to Junior High if you dare!!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Don't get me wrong, the product Xifin has developed is game-changing in the diagnostic lab world. The company is only going up. The product is sound, the client base is impressive and the CEO is on point!

Cons

Perks, this is easy, there are none. Oh, unless you consider a fountain soda machine and free bagel friday a perk. However, considering what other software companies do for their employees, its more like an insult. Middle management plays favorites and they only have one and everyone know's who she is. It's very sophomoric and inappropriate in the workplace. If i wanted to go back to Junior High, id hop in the DeLorean and charge up the flux capacitor.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting and endorsing this culture of "favorites". Start providing perks. You're never going to attract and/or keep top talent when everyone else pays more, offers more and provides more than you do!!

Other Employee Reviews for XIFIN

"Billing Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to learn essential skills with tools I will use throughout my career.

Cons

Work is not very exciting, and the leadership lacks, poor job growth.

"Great place to grow, love the environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming up on two years, and I very am pleased with the growth and development this company has helped me achieve over that period. There is a wide base of expert-level talent here that can be tapped, and very open communication between the Engineering and Business groups. Developers work closely with the business managers, and are involved in the design process early on. You get invested in your projects, so the work does not seem tedious. I've learned a great deal in a short period of time - not only on the technical side, but on the business end as well.

This is a fast paced environment, and there are times where you need to ramp up quickly to understand some pretty complex processes. However, there is rarely a need to work late hours or weekends. Things are typically confined to a 9-5 workday, so there's plenty of time to enjoy the San Diego sun.

Cons

The company has been expanding at a rapid pace, and is adapting its policies to fit its larger footprint. There can be a bit of an adjustment as these changes are implemented (stricter security policies, etc.).