XO Group - Insane | Glassdoor

"Insane"

Current Employee - Editor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at XO Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, lots of young people, friendly, creative, startup mentality and open to new ideas all the time. Really cool office and lots of little perks like that.

Cons

I worked on the editorial side, where things were changing all the time. Deadlines, goals and expectations were always changing. We were constantly understaffed and overworked.

Other Employee Reviews for XO Group

1. "Impressive."

I have been working at XO Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Innovative. Part of what makes this company the leader in the industry is that they are continuously evolving.
    -Positive environment. I've never run into a problem with clicks, but then again I'm showing up to work; not play. If you have problem being 'in' with this crowd, work harder. You'd be surprised at how popular you will become if you are dependable and getting your work done on time.
    -Great people. Intelligent, hardworking staff that will go above and beyond to meet the needs of the business.

Cons

-At times the workload can become overwhelming, but you will find that with any company you work for these days.

Advice to Management

Keep going. The management team is one of the things I am most impressed with at XO Group.

2. "Opportunity everywhere!"

I have been working at XO Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at The Knot is fantastic for learning more about the industry. There are so many experts and different people to work with and learn from -- you will definitely be able to add things to your bag of tricks.

Cons

I would say that some individuals just do the bare minimum, and then complain when they are not recognized. To those people I would say "just try and go the extra mile - it is worth it!"

Advice to Management

I think they are very open and honest -- willing to give feedback and advice. I feel mentored here.