XOJET - Best 135 job that I've heard of... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XOJET

"Best 135 job that I've heard of..."

Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Brisbane, CA
Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having come from the unemployment line working here has been a breath of fresh air. Many have forgotten how difficult it can be with bills and no income. I was hired here and upgraded quickly and it's the best 135 job I've ever had. Life on the rode is great. This is hands down the most outstanding pilot group I've ever worked with. Management tries to do us right. We're well taken care of on the road with great amenities. Schedule is the best for a 135; there are actually scheduled days off and a choice of 8/6 or 15/13 also depending on where you live. Pilots are home based and commute days are part of your work week.

Cons

Lack of longevity pay scale. This does not seem to be a concern at the time but given we have not taken a hit to our base salary like most other careers/jobs I feel lucky. The day will come when this needs to be addressed and I think it will be sooner than later.

Advice to Management

Morale starts at the top. Most of the leadership gets this but there are one or two that believe in the "the beating shall continue until morale improves" approach which is failing miserably. It's not too late to change this.

XOJET Response

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

This was and is a pretty fair, balanced perspective. Always important to see the bigger picture. No company is perfect. And most bigger organizations will always have a few folks that don't quite ... More

Other Employee Reviews for XOJET

1. "No future"

Current Employee - Pilot First Officer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pilot First Officer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hotels. Some support on the road. If an aircraft is in need of maintenance sometimes adequate rest is possible. Rental cars. Training is good as well.

Cons

Merit based upgrade system which is easily abused. No recourse for a negative review from a peer. No feedback or formal process if one receives a negative review. The management does not even take the time to learn the background of the First Officers. There is much pressure to preform for the Captain and little or no incentive for a Captain to help a First Officer move into a better position. Seniority is not respected. Good or even great pilots can become stuck in a junior position while others a moved into a senior position without any explanation.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to learn the background of every employee that works for you. After all you hired me.

"Disappointing downturn of Leadership"

Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pilot Captain in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Majority of the pilots are great people to work and decent compensation while on the road.

Cons

Very political leadership team who praises for brown nosing instead of merit and work ethic. The management thinks that their pilots are all replaceable by filling a seat and not investing in experience and customer service. A historically bad decision in any air carrier that has lead to terrible customer service reviews, accidents and terrible work morale.

Recent changes to where you can live has divided the pilot group into two classes. Those who get paid to go home early and those who DON'T get paid to stay on the road or come on early. There has been no evidence from management how this is better for the pilot group. This has only made a pseudo reserve system for the inefficient and incompetent scheduling scheduling team.

Chief pilot office and HR department are essentially the same office. No confidence in either office to handle issues that refer to legality or personal matters. It will always be in the company favor, regardless of what the law or the FARS state. I wouldn't be surprised if XOJET had internal lawsuits coming from their unethical practices.

One year ago I would recommend this company to the majority of my pilot friends. Now, at least 75% of the pilot group are ACTIVELY seeking new employers. If you are going to be viewed as a number, might as well go back to the airlines to at least get better benefits and a pay scale.

Advice to Management

Take stock in your experienced pilots and team members, you will lose them and your company otherwise.
    Be reasonable with compensation for the pilot group. If you claim to be doing so well in your articles, then why can't you at least get your pilots, the actual workforce, up to industry standards for pay and benefits?

XOJET Response

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

We have made a lot of progress on pay & benefits. And we have more work to do. My personal believe that -- all-in -- XOJET represents a pretty compelling place to work.