XOJET - Disappointing. | Glassdoor

"Disappointing."

Current Employee - Pilot
Current Employee - Pilot

Pros

Grateful to be employed as a pilot given the current state of the aviation industry. The majority of the pilots I work with are good people.

Cons

Perception of non-standard/preferential treatment for select employees. Corporate culture does not allow for honest and open communications. Arrogant and finger pointing leadership style results in CYA mind set and envirnoment of fear.

Advice to Management

Trust your people, communicate with a feeling of sincerity, and be consistent with the treatment of all employees.

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

This post was written at a very dark time in XOJET's history. We have come a long way since 2011. Dramatic improvements in most areas. Again, underscores importance of vision and values.

Other Employee Reviews for XOJET

"Busy part 135 charter operation with a schedule."

Current Employee - First Officer
    Current Employee - First Officer

Pros

XOJET is a great place to work if you need to develop your skill as a pilot, in customer service or build flight time. Flight operations are run professionally and a high level of proficiency is expected from it's pilot group. Pilots work very hard in every aspect of this job from cleaning and restocking aircraft to customer service. XOJET is unique in the charter industry in that you may reside anywhere and you are provided with a schedule.

Cons

Due to frozen pay and increasing workload I would not recommend this company for a career destination. Through each change to our compensation and overtime policy it is becoming increasingly apparent that it will not improve and although professionalism remains high within the pilot group I have seen a sharp decline in moral, particularly in pilots who have been here longer.

Advice to Management

Due to fear for loss of our jobs as pilots in a very weak pilot job market pilots are not speaking up about how they really feel about our schedule and compensation. If the pilot job market shifts sharply upward as is expected over the next few years the attrition rate will likely be very high.

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

We continue to work hard to make XOJET an attractive place to work for all employees. We have come a long way since 2011. We have a pay scale now. We have improved overtime pay. We have improved ... More

2. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at XOJET (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting line of work in business jet aviation.

Cons

Tremendous pressure to get the job done right the first time and on time.

Jan 10, 2017 – President, Fleet Operations

Our mission is to serve. We are fortunate to work among committed employees who find purpose in this service mission. Further, XOJET is a performance-oriented team. Getting the job done right and ... More