XPO Logistics - INSIDE REVIEW FROM THE XPO RENO BRANCH | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XPO Logistics

"INSIDE REVIEW FROM THE XPO RENO BRANCH"

Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The moment I walked in the door for my interview at XPO, I knew this was a company that I wanted to be a part of. It is full of positive, can do attitudes. Extremely helpful, friendly co-workers and manager. There is no micromanaging in this office. We have a very tight and experienced team here in Reno that you can see and feel it instantly when entering our office. It is a very high energy environment. I have been with XPO for 8 months and absolutely love going into work each and every day. I have already received a promotion with a salary increase. We have multiple incentive programs in place for daily, weekly and monthly bonuses. This is by far the best Logistics company that I have worked for in my 6 years in the Industry. We have top of the line equipment and technology here at XPO. They provide training classes for anything that you may need. We have a festive group over the Holidays with costume contests, our company Christmas party, and we participate in the communities summer activities such as the Rib Cook Off. We work hard and play even harder! On our down time, we have a ping pong table room to relieve our stress. We also have an XPO Basketball Team. XPO Reno is an amazing place to work.

Cons

Transportation is a 24/7 business so you must be reliable and prepared for that. This is a money motivated and business driven position. It is not for everyone, you will either sink or swim. The earning potential is unlimited. It all depends on the effort you are willing to put forth as an individual and as part of our team.

Advice to Management

I can't think of any advice for the Management at XPO Reno. I would just like to thank you for the wonderful opportunity that you have provided me with and most of all THANK YOU for all of your help & support!

Other Employee Reviews for XPO Logistics

"RUN LIKE HELL....unless you hate life enough to work at XPO!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really can't name any...ok, wait!!!! No, that was at another job.

Cons

Salary, local management team must've been charity hires, TOXIC environment unlike anything I've ever seen. Procurement CANNOT negotiate with carriers.....blame is deflected onto the sales floor for all the mistakes made elsewhere in the company!

Advice to Management

Increase pay, revise the commission to realistic goals, increase salaries, revise the commission to realistic goals.......worst job I've ever had next to shovling s#@$ in Louisiana!

2. "Good People Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -They Give You The Training To Be Successful
    -One On One Training With Team Leads

Cons

Making Cold Calls To Get Your Book Of Business Of The Ground But It Is Necessary