XPO Logistics - INSIDE REVIEW FROM THE XPO RENO BRANCH | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XPO Logistics

"INSIDE REVIEW FROM THE XPO RENO BRANCH"

Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The moment I walked in the door for my interview at XPO, I knew this was a company that I wanted to be a part of. It is full of positive, can do attitudes. Extremely helpful, friendly co-workers and manager. There is no micromanaging in this office. We have a very tight and experienced team here in Reno that you can see and feel it instantly when entering our office. It is a very high energy environment. I have been with XPO for 8 months and absolutely love going into work each and every day. I have already received a promotion with a salary increase. We have multiple incentive programs in place for daily, weekly and monthly bonuses. This is by far the best Logistics company that I have worked for in my 6 years in the Industry. We have top of the line equipment and technology here at XPO. They provide training classes for anything that you may need. We have a festive group over the Holidays with costume contests, our company Christmas party, and we participate in the communities summer activities such as the Rib Cook Off. We work hard and play even harder! On our down time, we have a ping pong table room to relieve our stress. We also have an XPO Basketball Team. XPO Reno is an amazing place to work.

Cons

Transportation is a 24/7 business so you must be reliable and prepared for that. This is a money motivated and business driven position. It is not for everyone, you will either sink or swim. The earning potential is unlimited. It all depends on the effort you are willing to put forth as an individual and as part of our team.

Advice to Management

I can't think of any advice for the Management at XPO Reno. I would just like to thank you for the wonderful opportunity that you have provided me with and most of all THANK YOU for all of your help & support!

Other Employee Reviews for XPO Logistics

1. "Excellent Opportunity, Great Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a hard worker with exceptional communication skills, this place is a great fit for you. Coworkers are mostly dependable and team players. Commissions are based upon your level of effort, and are consistently pleasing if you are a focused employee. Personal goals for commission are moderately attainable. Micromanaging isn't an issue as long as you know what you have to get done, and do it.

Cons

Constant changes to quotas, seating arrangements, and focus areas don't allow for practical growth. When you become accustomed to a certain way of operating, don't expect it to last for too long. Too much hierarchy in the corporate ladder, doesn't allow for a timely decision making process.

Advice to Management

Empowering employees will inevitably encourage ownership and greater company-wide success

2. "Good opportunity to learn a new business."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at XPO Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Given a good opportunity to learn the logistics business while furthering knowledge and skill. I enjoy the people I work with and the environment of our office.

Cons

Establishing a book of business from scratch is tough. Cold calling can be discouraging and daily and weekly goals add stress. The training program was of little use to practical applications for working at XPO Logistics.

Advice to Management

Expectations for new hires should be more reasonable. Goals set too high will only discourage and chase away potentially good employees.