XPRIZE - Don't waste your life working her | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for XPRIZE

"Don't waste your life working her"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at XPRIZE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. This is a horrible place to work.

Cons

So many....this company is run by a bunch of amateurs with huge egos.

Advice to Management

Leave! You have no management skills.

Other Employee Reviews for XPRIZE

"A Dream Job Come True"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at XPRIZE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with talented interesting people on projects that make the World a better place. I get to wear jeans to work every day and work in a relaxed and engaging atmosphere. I get a comfortable office and pleasant coworkers and I actually get paid to do things that I want to do. I get respect and autonomy without being overworked and every day is a new and exciting challenge. I'm happy.

Cons

In my wanderings around the office, I often encounter people who are doing even more interesting projects that I am, but I can't just drop what I'm doing and join their team. The ever-present supply of fruit, snacks, and beverages in the kitchen is making it difficult for me not to gain weight. I still haven't figured out how to get one of those cool XPRIZE jackets.

Advice to Management

Work on putting more efficient processes, technology and systems in place to make it easier for employees to get everything done more quickly. Need to work on orientation of new hires to make sure they get all the information and connections that they need right away.

"Making the Possible, Impossible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Pros

- In its rawest concept, the X PRIZE Foundation is a great idea: think up some seemingly impossible task, and dangle a large cash prize to lure the best and the brightest to complete it.

- There are numerous employees who are brilliant, kind people.

Cons

- In actuality, the creativity is lacking. The prize ideas that get funded are completely within the realm of possibility currently, and are frequently things that have already been done.

- The brilliant, kind people get fired at Christmas time after devoting years of service.

- The approval process is dismal, and entirely too time consuming. Frequently, the people you need to approve things are not in the office (Senior management takes numerous vacations and unnecessary travel).

- Senior management and consultants are overpaid, and normally only in the office a maximum of 4 days a week.

- After securing a multi-million dollar donation for operations, two key workers were fired for no apparent reason.

Advice to Management

- Streamline the approval process.

- Eliminate the ADP time tracking system - it's a colossal waste of time.

- Don't fire people around the holidays; it's bad for morale.

- When you do fire people, at least pretend to be remorseful.

- Listen to your employees; we can make this place run smoother. Also, as others have said, let people do their jobs.

- CEO needs to think bigger.